Thursday, April 14, 2016

Wednesday, April 13th, 2016



15 days and counting!

I felt I slept pretty well despite it taking me 1-2 hours to get to sleep and getting up twice during the night.

The Betty Crocker Cookbook I ordered has shipped.  I just hope it doesn’t get to Medellin until next month so I don’t have to pay extra for it.  In the future I’ll wait a little later in the month to place my order.

We left the finca at 10:30 and I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits.  The workmen were leveling the roadbed on the finca side of the highway.  

It was a very overcast day which helped keep the heat down.  We waited 15 minutes for a bus.  I saw a car and a motorcycle on the new bridge overpass by Sabaneta but later on the return trip it appeared empty so maybe it hasn’t officially opened yet.  We got off at Aguacatala and took a Circular Sur 303 bus to Viva Laureles.  

Teresa went into the deli where she picked up some meat, vegetables and a juice.  I stopped at Sarku’s where I had their chicken teriyaki, with rice, vegetables and a Pepsi for 18,500.

Teresa waited at the table while I went into Exito and purchased a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for 3,380 pesos (about $1.10) and a bottle of relish for 2,000 (about 65 cents).  I was actually looking for dill pickles which I probably won’t find again until my next trip to Carulla.

On the way out of the mall I picked up a current copy of the Laureles newspaper Gente.  There are articles about the air contamination in Medellin that I’ll try to translate later.  We took a taxi to Unicentro where Teresa picked up a jar of coffee and a dozen eggs in Exito.

Teresa craved something sweet so we shared a slice of carrot cake, and a cup of milk for her and small coffee for me for 13,900 (about $4.65).
She waited on a bench outside the mall while I walked over to Martha’s office where I paid another 70,000 pesos and picked up my real estate documents.

We took a taxi to MBE where I picked up a large box with the lantern and wicks for 17,900 (about $3).  Teresa thought it would be better to open the box and carry the contents with us separately but she quickly changed her mind after looking inside.  The young lady there resealed it and made a handle out of tape so it would be more convenient to carry.

I gave her the real estate documents and paid 117,300 pesos (about $39) for them to be delivered to Miami.  After that there is a UPS label which should get them to Maryland at no additional cost.  She said they should be in Miami by Friday.

We took a taxi to the highway and after a 5 minute wait were on an express bus back to the finca.

We got past the G-dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 4pm.  The last 100 yards or so the tape broke on the box but it only fell about a foot.   Back at the finca I was happy to see that the glass chimney hadn’t broken.

We finished watching A Time to Kill (7.4).  I was surprised Teresa enjoyed it because it contains a lot of courtroom drama but the movie also has a lot of stars: Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Samuel L. Jackson, Kevin Spacey, Oliver Pratt, Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Patrick McGoohan, and Ashley Judd.

T-shirt of the day: Dear alcohol, we had a deal that you would make me prettier, funnier and a better dancer.  I saw the video, we need to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment