Friday, April 1, 2016

Thursday, March 31st, 2016



28 days and counting!

We slept well, finally waking/getting up at 8am.  (I did hear the dogs a bit earlier but they weren’t that bothersome.)

It’s a very cool morning thus far – still only 70 degrees at 11:15am.

Teresa just told me how hot it is but she just came in from cleaning leaves and branches from the path down from the sideroad.

Peter likes to grab stones, carry them to the edge of the cliff, push them down and then chase them down to the bottom.

I found I can do my Duolingo lessons on my laptop – I don’t have to do them on my iPad.  Too bad I can’t play Words with Friends on my laptop also.

The Colombian news reported that the 100mil bill has now hit the streets.
We left the finca at 2:45 and got past the G-dogs undetected.  On our way down the sideroad Mario picked us up in his SUV.  The new highway northbound lanes are now closed and they are using the southbound lanes for traffic in both directions (separated by markers of course).  They opened the small bridge on the Amaga side and also the small bridge on the Caldas side.  That removes another curve prior to the sideroad.

He dropped us off at the triangle as he was going to Caldas.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus and it soon started raining lightly.  

We had the taxi driver drop us off at Citibank where I made a cash withdrawal.  Next door at BanColombia I only had to wait in line about 10 minutes to pay my health insurance for April.

We walked over to Carbón de Leña where we waited for Laura to join us.  While waiting for Laura we each had a juice and shared a cup of tiramisu.  It had stopped raining so after a while I finally told Teresa I would go to recharge the cell phone and return.  When I came back I told her I was going to take care of my flashdrive.  Then I went to the pharmacy and bought my Tamsulosin for the month for 42,900 (no change from last month).  When I got back to the restaurant Laura was there.

She wasn’t hungry so they went to get their nails done and I went to the park to play chess.  I quickly found an opponent I’ve played before.  He isn’t very strong, took quite a bit of time to make his moves and I won 2 games by the time Teresa and Laura returned about 90 minutes later.  As we were finishing up the second game I had Teresa go buy me a new watch band.  It only cost 5mil and we finished shortly after they returned.

We walked back to Carbón de Leña for dinner.  Teresa had fish, Laura had a casserole and I had pork shish kebab.  Add 4 juices and the total came to 67,500.  In hindsight I think I may have paid twice for the earlier juices and tiramisu.

Teresa convinced me not to pay the Direct TV and Une bills until we also had the epm (electric) bill.

We quickly caught a taxi, dropped Laura off a couple blocks from her apartment, and got off at the highway.  After about a 20 minute wait we took a Fredonia bus.  In Caldas Teresa got off and walked down a block and picked up the electric bill.  I missed seeing the Kachotis restaurant and before I knew it we were at the sideroad.

I gave the black dog a dog biscuit and we were back at the finca by 8:20.  I put Peluche and Luna in the doghouse so we can sleep tonight.

I loved the weather today - not real hot.

T-shirt of the day: Believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment