Monday, April 11, 2016

Saturday, April 9th, 2016



19 days and counting!

I heard a little rain about 8:30 this morning but it only lasted about 10 minutes.

At noon it was still only 66 degrees outside with overcast skies and a threat of rain.

Recent text messages I’ve received on my cell phone report that: Colombia’s inflation for the past 12 months was 7.98%; the Constitutional Court is going to try equal marriage; something about nonworking Fridays to conserve energy; and in May the government and ELN are going to start peace negotiations.  (The ELN is another terrorist organization here like the FARC.)

Teresa tells me she wants to go to Makro tomorrow to buy either a large bag of laundry detergent or dog food, not sure which.

This week the close was 3,095 Colombian Pesos to the US Dollar.

Teresa and I played parcheesi.  The ending was as close as possible – she needed to roll a 1 to win and I needed to roll a 2.  After a few rolls each I rolled a 2 and that ended the game.

T-shirt of the day: Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment