Friday, April 15, 2016

Thursday, April 14th, 2016



14 days and counting!

Medellin Living magazine referenced an interesting article titled Colombia: Medellin Promotes Bicycle Use to Fight Air Pollution.  Both yesterday and today I tried copying the article to my blog but nothing showed up so I give up.

I filled the lantern with oil and lit it and it seemed to work fine.  I blew it out and I’ll try again tonight to see how effective it is in the dark.

Teresa predicted rain so I brought my large umbrella. We left the finca at 12:05pm and I gave each of the black dogs a dog biscuit.  A layer of asphalt is on the section they were working on yesterday.

After a 5 minute wait we were on a bus to Envigado.  At Carbón de Leña Teresa ordered mazamorra, fish and juice and I ordered their ribs and a Coke.  Her fish was huge, filling her large plate.  They brought me a lot of ribs and I ate most of them although they were a bit chewy.  Just as we were finishing Laura showed up.  She had the same fish and a glass of juice.  The total bill came to 67,300 (about $22.50).

I walked over to Citibank where I took out some cash and then went nextdoor to Bancolombia.  I only had to wait about 10 minutes and the cashier even spoke a little English.  I paid Laura’s lesson 3 tuition of 343,000 pesos (about $114).  At a corner store I had a copy of the receipt made for 100 pesos.

It turned out to be a day with few clouds so it was hot.
While Teresa was getting her nails done I went to the park to play chess.  My first opponent really had his way with me and pushed me all over the board and I lost both games.  I played another man who I haven’t had trouble with before and beat him quickly and easily.  I played another game with a different man and he beat me pretty easily also.  Sigh!

I followed Teresa into a couple stores where she was looking for something to repair her nails. We took a taxi to the highway and after a 10 minute wait we were on a new bus back to the finca.  I understand because the bus was new the fare was 8mil instead of the usual 6mil.

When we got to the top of the sideroad the black dogs were waiting for us.  I gave each of them a dog biscuit.  Of course they hung around looking for more.  When we passed Guillermo’s house the black dog started getting a little aggressive towards us.  That’s gratitude for you!

I made waffles for us for dinner.

I checked the MBE wesite and it says I have 2 documents on the way so I guess they’re in Miami.  One of them is probably my latest issue of Chess Life and the other hopefully is my new debit card.

I lit the lantern again and it worked pretty well; we just need more of them.   Now that Teresa knows what I’m looking for she will ask at Home Center but I don’t have much confidence that they have them.

T-shirt of the day: Of course size matters.  No one wants a small glass of wine.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Terry,

    Just a thought, but instead of posting the entire article on you blog why not jsut write a couple of introductory sentences and then add the title of the article and the link to it.

    That way your readers who are interested can navigate to the article using the link you provided.

    This seems much simpler a way to make the article avaiilable, but there I go thinking again!

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete