Sunday, April 24, 2016

Saturday, April 23rd, 2016



5 days and counting! 

I made a trip to the bathroom about 3:45 (4 hours sleep) and couldn’t get back to sleep after that.  I finally found my brother’s telephone number on my laptop so I can call him without needing to email him first.

I think I got about 5 hours sleep last night, again, probably too much thinking.

Teresa is waiting for a call from Une.  If Une comes today than I can call my brother using magicJack.  If they don’t come and fix it today, everything will be closed in Envigado on Sunday anyway so our next trip to town would be on Monday.  Today we used the last of the dog food so we’re going to have to get to town soon.

Teresa talked to the guy at the real estate agency and he said he has someone who will rent the finca.

Teresa called some of her friends in the local fincas to see if they have internet so I could use it to call my brother but no luck.

Teresa talked to Felipe, the vet, and I understand he has moved to a safer location.  We asked if Peter would be happy in a small apartment and learn not to bark all the time and to do “his business” outside.  Felipe’s answer was not encouraging.  A major concern right now is what to do with the terriers.

We stayed home today so Une could fix the internet connection but then it rained from 12:45 to 2:15 so I don’t know how that will affect things.

Teresa said something about there being a lot of paperwork that Wilson will have to provide and then she asked me about the apartment in Laureles.  Uh-oh!

Finally, someone from Une called at 3:30 and asked us to plug in our router.  I did and immediately found my internet connection was back.

I called my brother and discussed using Western Union to send me some cash and then I can send him a check from my bank in the States.

I got caught up on my blog posts.

Among this week’s new movie releases I would like to see A Hologram for the King (6.4) because it stars my favorite actor, Tom Hanks.
Locally, I’m probably too busy this week to have time (or the money) to see a movie.

The Colombian Peso closed this week at 2,946.80 to the dollar.

At 6pm it started raining again and it lasted a couple hours.

T-shirt of the day: When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and say, "Congrats".  But, none of them comes up to the man - touches his penis and says, "Good job".  Moral of the story -- Hard work is rarely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment