Saturday, October 13, 2018

Friday, October 12, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickily, got up once at 4:30, took me some time to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I picked up a free Adn newspaper and bought a Q’Hubo on my way.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours and picked up a free Gente newspaper at Exito on my way back to the apt.

I took a 30 minute nap waiting for Teresa to finish preparing lunch.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see First Man (7.0) and Bad Times at the El Royale (7.7).

Locally, I would like to see The Wife (7.4) playing at 6:20 and 8:50 in Viva Envigado; maybe next Wednesday.  I might have been interested in Bleeding Steel (5.4) but the trailer had a lot of Chinese language which means it will be translated into Spanish not English.

Laura talked to the family from Seattle last night.  She loved seeing the boys with their blond hair and blue eyes but she’s afraid their farm is just too far from the city.  And she thinks the girls in Massachusetts will be easier to care for than boys.

After lunch Teresa said she’s cold and wanted to go to bed so I took a 2nd nap from 3:15 to 4:15, only sleeping 30 of those minutes.

Has the World Series started yet?  I have no idea.

We decided not to take the 2nd apartment because it’s too small.  If we took it we would have to sell our current furniture and buy smaller furniture; too much work and too much additional cost.

Teresa talked to the agency and I understand the 3rd apartment we were going to see today has already been rented.

When she tried to call the owner of the 1st apartment there was no answer.  If necessary I understand we can just stay in this apartment for another year or so.

We were going to go to the mall today but once again Teresa kept putting it off until finally she said not today.

For dinner we ordered food delivered from Frisby for 39,000 pesos.

Tonight Laura talked to the family from San Diego.  They asked her how much driving she has done and she said 3 times for 1 week.  She’s afraid that her lack of driving skills will put her our of contention for an au pair job.

Teresa wants to go to Euro tomorrow, early.  She said 7am but I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.

I’ll probably go to the mall sometime tomorrow.  I’d like to check out the SmartFit to ensure it has the same machines I’ve been using at the current location.  And I’ll probably hang out somewhere for coffee.

Joke of the day
A man walked into an emergency room with two black eyes and a five iron (golf club) wrapped tightly around his throat. Naturally, the doctor asked him what had happened. “Well, it’s like this,” explained the man, “I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife when she sliced her ball into a pasture of cows.
“Well, we went to look for it, and while I was rooting around, I noticed one of the cows had something protruding from its rear end. Sure enough, when I lifted its tail, there was my wife’s golf ball.”
“And?” pried the doctor.
“Well, that’s when I made my mistake. I lifted the cow’s tail and yelled to the misses, ‘This looks like yours’.”


No comments:

Post a Comment