Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Monday, October 8, 2018


I understand today is Columbus Day in the States.  (Or Indigenous Peoples Day if you’re in San Francisco, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Alaska, Vermont or Oregon; or Discoverers’ Day if you’re in Hawaii; or Native American Day if you’re in South Dakota.)

Last night I fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, fall back asleep quickly both times, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Teresa left for her gym class at 7am.

When I posted yesterdays posting to my blog this morning I found 2 comments from the previous day but they were both advertisements.  I replied I didn’t appreciate their posting to my personal blog and told them to FO.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  At one point I was ripping off 20 situps when I noticed a young man in his early 20s get on the bench next to me.  He quit after about 3 situps.  He laughed and I told him that I’ve been going here for 2 ½ years and the first time I could only do 5 so not to give up.  (Full disclosure: I don’t recall if his bench was level like mine or was set on an incline.)  I added an additional 5 pounds to two of my exercises.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.

On my way back to the apt I noticed a blackboard outside a small café on a side street.  It said something about Horror Movie on Tuesdays thru Thursdays at 7:30pm.

Teresa and I took a nap from 2-3pm.  At 3:30 a storm came through but it was over 30 minutes later.

We left the apt at 4pm, walked down the hill, caught a taxi, picked up MT at the other end of the little park and arrived at El Tesoro by 4:30.

Teresa and MT checked out Zara for a few minutes then we went to Dr. Rendon’s office for MT’s appointment.

Dr. Rendon spent the first 20 minutes explaining to Teresa and MT how to use her new Sonicare air flosser.  I asked him if I still need to use a soft toothbrush since he added my composites.  He said that would be best.  I asked which toothpaste we should use and he said using a sensitive toothpaste once at night would be fine but otherwise just any regular, non whitening toothpaste.

After, we were all a little hungry but I forgot to bring my jacket so I didn’t want to sit outside at J&C Delicias so we went inside to Crepes & Waffles.  The total check including 10% tip came to 55,600 pesos (about $18).

MT paid me back the 200mil for the Sonicare I bought for her.

Thankfully tonight there was no line outside for a taxi back to the apt.

Joke of the day
A little old lady went into the Bank of America one day carrying a bag of money. She insisted on speaking with the president of the bank to open a savings account because she had a lot of money to deposit.
They finally got her into the president’s office and he asks her how much she would like to deposit. She says she has $165,000 and then dumps it out of the bag onto his desk. The president was surprised and of course curious as to how she came by all this cash, so he asks her. The old lady says, "I make bets."
The president replies, "Bets? What kind of bets?" and she says, "For example, I'll bet you $25,000 that your balls are square."
"Ha!" says the president, "That's a stupid bet you can never win that kind of bet."
The old lady says, "So, would you like to take my bet?"
"Sure," says the president, "I'll bet $25,000 that my balls are not square!"
The little old lady says, "OK, but since there is a lot of money involved is it OK with you if I bring my lawyer with me tomorrow at 10:00 AM to witness?"
"Sure," says the president.
That night the president got very nervous about the bet and spends a long time in front of a mirror checking his balls, turning them from side to side, again and again, thoroughly checking them out until he was sure there is no way his balls are square and that he will win the bet.
The next morning at 10 AM the little old lady appears with her lawyer at the president's office. She introduces the lawyer to the president and repeats the bet, that $25,000 says the president's balls are square. The president agrees with the bet again and the old lady asks him to drop his pants so they can see. The president does this.
The little old lady looks closely at his balls and then asks if she can feel them.
"Well, OK" says the president, $25,000 is a lot of money, so I guess you should be absolutely sure."
Then he notices the lawyer is quietly banging his head against the wall and he asks the old lady, "What’s wrong with your lawyer?"
She replies, "Nothing, except I bet him $100,000 that by 10AM today I'd have The Bank of America's president's balls in my hands!"

2 comments:

  1. Read your posts about your's and Teresa's birthdays. cCongratulations to both of you. Hope thecoming 12 months is good to both of you. Also, congratulations on keeping up with your exercises and your ability to keeping adding more weights to your routine. I am five years in age behind you. Hope I can be doing as well as you at 73!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats and the words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete