Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Monday, October 1, 2018


I can’t remember if I got up during the night before I made a trip to the bathroom at 6am.  Teresa woke me at 7am as she was soon leaving for her gym class.  I have no idea what she said except it had something to do with breakfast.  Oh well, I’ll find out soon enough.  I finally got up at 7:30.

Teresa came back at 8:30 and made me scrambled eggs and toast.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I picked up a free Adn newspaper on the way.  I completed all but one of my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.

Per the newspaper, Miss Colombia is Valeria Morales a 20-year old social communications student and model from Cali.  We’ll see how she does in the Miss Universe pageant in December.

Laura and I left the apt at 2:30.  At Bancolombia we got our turn number – E507 – and they were currently serving E423.  We went back outside and we stopped at Popsy where I bought Laura an ice cream cone.  She returned to the bank and I made a withdrawal from my usual ATM, paid the epm bill, and bought my medications for the month at Todo Drogas.  Back at the bank Laura and I soon got seats and it took 90 minutes for our turn.  (I think next time we’ll try another location that I know.)  While picking up my cash we learned that the cashier can make the payments for us so we don’t have to wait outside at the Consignacion machine.

Laura went back to the apt and I went to Bartolos in the park where I had a café con leche and got caught up on the news.

On my way back to the apt I ran into Sondra outside the Claro office.  She says she’s feeling much better since her surgery and plans to return to the gym soon.

Back at the apt I emailed Jose that I won’t be available for chess tomorrow because we’re going to try again to get the union libre.

I watched some of Monday Night Football.

Joke of the day
A father put his three year old daughter to bed, told her a story and listened to her prayers which she ended by saying: "God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Grandma and good-bye Grandpa."
The father asked, "Why did you say good-bye Grandpa?"
The little girl said, "I don't know, Daddy, it just seemed like the right thing to do."
The next day Grandpa died.
The father thought it was a strange coincidence. A few months later the father put the girl to bed and listened to her prayers which went like this: "God bless Mommy, God Bless Daddy and good-bye Grandma."
The next day the grandmother died.
"Oh my gosh," thought the father, "this kid is in contact with the other side."
Several weeks later when the girl was going to bed the dad heard her say: "God bless Mommy and good-bye Daddy."
He practically went into shock. He couldn't sleep all night and got up at the crack of dawn to go to his office. He was nervous all day, had lunch sent in and watched the clock. He figured if he could get by until midnight he would be okay. He felt safe in his office, so instead of going home at the end of the day he stayed there, drinking coffee, looking at his watch and jumping at every sound. Finally midnight arrived; he breathed a sigh of relief and went home.
When he got home his wife said, "I've never seen you work so late, what's the matter?"
He said, "I don't want to talk about it. I've just had the worst day of my life."
She said, "You think you had a bad day, you'll never believe what happened to me.  This morning my tennis pro dropped dead right in the middle of my lesson!"

No comments:

Post a Comment