Friday, October 19, 2018

Thursday, October 18, 2018


I got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am just as Teresa was leaving for her gym classes.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document waiting for pickup.

At 9am, just as the Today show was starting, it started to rain – hard.  I guess that ends my chances of going on a bike ride this morning.  It stopped about 5 minutes later but the streets were already wet and it was still quite overcast.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt.  I took the bus to Envios Market and picked up my document but it was just a piece of junk mail.  It wasn’t raining at the moment so I walked up to McDonald’s where I had coffee. 

After a little while I had a Big Mac and medium Coke.  It rained on and off for a while.  The wifi didn’t seem very strong so I went next door to Starbucks in Oviedo mall where you always get a strong wifi signal.

I left there and took a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.

I stopped at the copy center where I had 21 pages printed out for a mortgage modification application.

Back at the apt Teresa told me that there is an apartment in La Magnolia neighborhood of Envigado that the agency wants us to see.  Best I can tell it’s an area that begins across the street from the San Marcos church and goes a little ways east.

MT called and said she was bored so we all decided to visit the mall.

We left the apt about 5pm and walked down the hill and picked up MT outside her apt.  (On our way we passed the first apt we had seen and Teresa remarked that the owner had raised the rental from 1,600,000 pesos to 2,500,000 pesos.  Incredible, they raised the price more than 50% on that old-fashioned place.  At the mall the ladies went shopping and I went upstairs to the business area where I made a small withdrawal from a Davavienda ATM.  Someone had told me that they don’t charge an ATM fee but for me it just said “TRANSACTION FEE NOT AVAILABLE.”  Some day I’m going to have to bite the bullet (meaning multiple ATM fees) and make multiple withdrawals on the same day for comparison purposes.

I went up another level to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and waited for the ladies.  Luckily they soon showed up because the internet kept going in and out – “network not available” to/from “Wi-Fly connected”.  Their network name is called Wi-Fly but its more like Wi-Crawl most of the time.  I turned on Teresa’s phone and set it for sharing and connected my phone to her data and I soon had a strong connection.  We all had coffee of various types and snacks like carrot cake or cheese pastries.  The ladies eventually went off on their own for more shopping and I kept Teresa’s phone so I would still have internet.  After a while Laura texted me to meet them at the sporting goods store El Deportista.  I paid the bill of 46,100 pesos.

After we met up again I played a little ping pong with Laura while Teresa tried on some leggings for the gym.  I paid cash for them and we all left just as the mall was closing.

Joke of the day
A Blonde airhead goes for a job interview in an office.
The interviewer starts with the basics.  "So, Miss, can you tell us your age, please?"
The blonde counts carefully on her fingers for half a minute before replying "Ehhhh... 22!"
The interviewer tries another straightforward one to break the ice.  "And can you tell us your height, please?"
The young lady stands up and produces a measuring tape from her handbag. She then puts one end under her foot and extends the tape to the top of her head. She checks the measurement and announces "Five foot two!"
This isn't looking good so the interviewer goes for the real basics; something the interviewee won't have to count, measure, or lookup.  "Just to confirm for our records, what is your name please?"
The airhead bobs her head from side to side for about ten seconds, mouthing something silently to herself before replying "MANDY!"
The interviewer is completely baffled at this point, so he asks -
"What in the world were you doing when I asked you your name?"
"Ohhhh, that!" replies the airhead...  "I was just running through that song – you know… 'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear...' "

No comments:

Post a Comment