Thursday, October 4, 2018

Wednesday, October 3, 2018


Last night I slept well only getting up once during the night (3:15), finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6:30.

Teresa left for her gym class just before 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  As Charles was leaving he mentioned he’ll be in the US for the next month.  Between machines Glen, the guy from Norway who showed some interest in our finca, wanted to talk.  He mentioned that his girlfriend has several dogs and he complained that he doesn’t care for the noise.  I’m not sure what that was about.

Teresa informed me that we won’t have to go to Oviedo or Santafe mall anymore as everything will be in the new mall.  I reminded her that will be true for her if they have a Zara and a Forever 21 and as for me I can only see movies there if they are in English with Spanish subtitles so we’ll see.

At 1:30 it started raining – hard.  Teresa informed me that I won’t be going to the movie; I told her it’s still early.  Then we had heavy thunder and lightning for about 45 minutes.  We unplugged the TV, the router and my computer.  Without any internet I just studied some of my harder chess puzzles.  By 2:45 it had calmed down to just a steady rain and by 3:45 it had stopped and we plugged everything back in.

At one point Teresa led me quietly to Laura’s bedroom.  She was asleep on her bed in the arms of her large teddy bear and its head had tilted over almost touching hers.  I took a photo and sent it to my son.  He said “jajajaja” which is Spanish for LOL.

We all left the apt at 5:30 and as usual caught a taxi down the hill.  On the way I noticed a motorcycle with a pizza bag that said that Dominos now has pan pizza.  I also saw that the Starbucks in the new building is now open.

We all got out at Santafe mall and I went through the mall and across the street to Oviedo mall.

I bought a general seating ticket for 5,250 pesos (about $2) to Johnny English Strikes Again (6.7) which doesn’t come out in the US until October 26th.

I noticed that coming soon to Oviedo are A Simple Favor (7.2), a Jackie Chan movie which I think will be Bleeding Steel (5.2), and Searching (7.9).  I’m not sure about the Jackie Chan movie but the others look interesting.  I went downstairs to Subway where I bought a small turkey sandwich for 10,500 pesos (about $3.50) and hid it in the tech bag that I had with me.  Back upstairs I made a final trip to the restroom then bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 13,200 pesos (about $4.50).

I enjoyed the movie a lot; it was really funny.  There was a man in my aisle 2 or 3 seats away that had a funny laugh and he laughed often.

After the movie I called Laura and learned that they were in Oviedo mall.  I met them outside the Adidas store and we took a taxi back to the apt.

I finished reading my Nook book Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward.  I especially loved the last 4 words of the book.

Joke of the day
A plane is on its way to Toronto, when a blonde in economy class gets up, and moves to the first class section and sits down.
The flight attendant watches her do this, and asks to see her ticket.  She then tells the blonde that she paid for economy class, and that she will have to sit in the back.
The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Toronto and I'm staying right here."
The flight attendant goes into the cockpit and tells the pilot and the co-pilot that there is a blonde bimbo sitting in first class that belongs in economy, and won't move back to her seat.
The co-pilot goes back to the blonde and tries to explain that because she only paid for economy she will have to leave and return to her seat.
The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Toronto and I'm staying right here."
The co-pilot tells the pilot that he probably should have the police waiting when they land to arrest this blonde woman who won't listen to reason.
The pilot says, "You say she is a blonde? I'll handle this.  I'm married to a blonde. I can speak blonde."
He goes back to the blonde and whispers in her ear, and she says, "Oh, I'm sorry" and gets up and goes back to her seat in economy.

The flight attendant and co-pilot are amazed and ask him what he said to make her move without any fuss.
I just told her, "First class isn't going to Toronto."

No comments:

Post a Comment