Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Monday, October 29, 2018


I woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6:15 as the movers were supposed to arrive at 7am.  I took my shower and had a quick breakfast of granola.

I packed some more of my clothes and the remainder of my books.
The movers arrived (Don and 2 other middle aged men) at 7:30 and we filled the truck.  (Teresa said we’re going to need younger, stronger men when it comes time to move the refrigerator and dryer.)  Teresa and Laura went in the truck cab with Don and I walked to the new apt with the two men.  One of them told me he worked in Massachusetts as a taxi driver for a few years.

I set up the bed in the guest room and there was barely enough room to put a small end table next to it and still be able to open the closet doors.

About 10:30 we walked the 3 blocks up the hill to Avenida Poblado and another block to the little Aymara restaurant where we had a more traditional breakfast for 25,600 pesos.

The ladies returned to the new apt and I returned to the old.  I tried to take a nap but just ended up resting for about 30 minutes.  I updated my blog and then left at noon.

I went to Home Center where I bought another roll of packing tape.  (I think we’re going to need it when it comes time to “wrapping” the refrigerator and dryer.

Well, what do you know,the remodeled Home Center has self checkout registers.  Just like Home Depot back in the States there was a young lady there to guide me through the process.  I paid 5,900 pesos cash for a 40 meter roll of topex cinta de empaque.
I arrived back at the apt in about 10 minutes at 1pm.

About 2pm we all walked up to La Buena Mesa, the restaurant area, where we found the restaurant Asados Rogelio (276 1133).  They have a menu of the day that changes each day and we had a nice lunch with fresh juice for 15mil each.

We walked back to the new apt, I took a nap and Teresa called for a doctor’s appointment for tomorrow.

Emeralda arrived at 5pm and gave us a ride back to our old apt.
I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document Esmeralda left about 7:15 with a couple bags of clothes and an accessory table we had.  She is also interested in our exercise cycle we had in the finca although she will have to make payments little by little.

Last week I sent an email to the US embassy in Bogota regarding MT’s missing SS payment.  Today they responded and, no surprise, I have to contact the foreign SS office in San Jose, Costa Rica.  Luckily they gave me an online address that I could fill out instead of having to worry about making a call.

We were both tired so we went to bed a few minutes earlier than usual.

Joke of the day
A man wanted to get married. He was having trouble choosing among three likely candidates so he gave each woman a present of $5,000 and watched to see what they did with the money.

The first gets a total makeover. She goes to a fancy beauty salon, gets her hair done, new makeup; buys several new outfits and dresses up very nicely for the man. She tells him she has done this to be more attractive for him because she loves him so much.

The man was impressed.

The second goes shopping to buy the man gifts. She gets him a new set of golf clubs, some new gizmos for his computer, and some expensive clothes. As she presents these gifts, she tells him she has spent all the money on him because she loves him so much.  Again, the man is impressed.

The third invests the money in the stock market.  She earns several times the $5,000. She gives him back his $5,000 and reinvests the remainder in a joint account. She tells him she wants to save for their future because she loves him so much.  Obviously, the man was impressed.

The man thought for a long time about what each woman had done with the money he'd given her.

Then he married the one with the biggest boobs.
 Men are like that, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment