Monday, October 22, 2018

Sunday, October 21, 2018


Last night I got up at 3, 6, and finally woke/got up at 8:30.

After a pancake breakfast I left the apt at 9:30.  I walked around our neighborhood and found 4 apartments for rent but nothing special.  I crossed Avenida Poblado into the La Magnolia neighborhood where I found 3 more apts but still nothing special.

When I returned to the apt at 10:40 Teresa told me we should be able to find inexpensive apartments in the Buena Mesa neighborhood so tomorrow she wants to look there after we see the apartment in La Magnolia.

I settled down with a ½ # bag of peanuts and a root beer and watched the New England Patriots edge out my Chicago Bears edge 38-31.  We fell 1 yard short of tying the game at the end and I was only able to consume half of the bag of peanuts.

I took a nap from 3:30 to 4:15.

I almost forgot…
Among new US movie releases I would like to see Halloween (7.6).
Locally, I would like to see A Star is Born (8.4) playing at Oviedo at 6pm.  I also would like to see Searching (7.8) but it’s only playing at Viva Envigado at 9:30pm.

About 4:30 Teresa asked me if I would like to go to the mall for coffee and carrot cake.  While I was hemming and hawing (thinking about if there are any good NFL games in the afternoon or evening) she said how about a movie.  I told her A Star is Born (8.4) playing at Oviedo at 6pm.  By the time the ladies took their showers and dressed it was almost 5:30.  We walked down the hill where we quickly caught a taxi.  At the Oviedo ticket booth there was a short line for Cine Colombia card holders (like me) and a longer line for the others.  When it was my turn I added 50mil to my account but found that the only seats for our movie were scatttered.

I checked my Cine Colombia app and found that it’s also playing at 8pm in Vizcaya.  We went down to Carulla where a young lady guided us to the parking garage and called us a taxi.  That was nice because it was raining a little.

At Vizcaya I bought 3 preferred seating tickets in the last row for 8,000 apiece. (Two more visits until my platinum card.)  We went down a level where Teresa bought a Subway sandwich that she shared with me and Laura bought a few bunuelos.  It was only 6:15 so we had some time to kill until 8pm.  At 7:45 we made our final trips to the restroom and went upstairs where I bought a small popcorn and medium soda, ostensibly just for me, leaving me with a balance of 41,650 pesos.

The theater was full and the movie was very good starring Bradley Cooper, Lada Gaga, Sam Elliott and a 5-second cameo by Alec Baldwin.

When we left (at 10:30) we walked down to the entrance we had come in and found it gated.  We walked down a couple more levels to the garage entrance and it was also shut.  I saw a few cars driving around but I couldn’t see where they were exiting.

We ended up going back up until we found a security guard and he told us to go to the 3rd basement level at the other end of the mall where we exited with the cars.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

Joke of the day
Three 3rd Graders: an Irish kid, an Italian kid and a Black kid, are on the playground at recess. The Irish kid suggests they play a new game. "Let's see who has the largest weenie," he says.

"Okay." They all agree.

The Irish kid pulls down his zipper and takes it out.

"That's nothing," says the Italian kid. He takes his out, and proudly shows that his is longer by at least an inch.

Not to be outdone, the Black kid takes his out. It is by far, not only the biggest, but the fattest.

That night, eating dinner at home, the Black kid's mother asks him what he did at school today.


"What kind of game is that, honey?" asks the mother.

"Well, me, Anthony and Patrick each pulled out our weenies, and I had the biggest! The other kids say it's because I'm black. Is that true?”

 "No, Leroy. It's because you're eighteen."

No comments:

Post a Comment