Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Monday, October 15, 2018


Today is another holiday in Colombia – Dia de la Raza (day of the race) aka Columbus Day.  Interesting that they would honor the day that Columbus arrived in the Americas since it wasn’t long after that Europeans subjugated their indigineous population.

Last night I got up once, or twice, during the night finally waking/getting up at 8:35.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in less than two hours.  It was probably faster today because it wasn’t very busy and I had forgotten to bring my cell phone.

When I got back to the apt Laura informed me she’s been contacted by another family, this one from California, just south of SF.  (I’m starting to lose count.)  Their letter said they have 4 kids and they are looking for an au pair with an excellent driving record.  She actually has a perfect driving record since she doesn’t drive at all but I’ll try to get her some more practice before she leaves.

I received an email from Medellin Guru titled 9 Best Steakhouses in Medellin and the Aburrá Valley.  At the top of their list was Lucio Carbon y Vino, the restaurant here in Buena Mesa in Envigado.  I showed it to Laura and informed her that I tried to get her mother to go there last weekend.  Laura said the mistake was talking to her mother who seems reluctant to try anything new.

I seem to have misplaced my USB drive; I can’t find it anywhere.  I did find an old one that I hope still works.

I watched some of the 49ers vs Packers game on Monday Night Football.

I emailed Jose and confirmed that we will be meeting to play chess tomorrow.

Joke of the day
A man was reading the newspaper when an ad caught his eye: New Porsche! $500!

The man thought that it was very unusual to sell a Porsche for $500, and he thought it might be a joke, but thought it was worth a shot. So he went to the lady’s house and sure enough, she had an almost brand new Porsche.

"Wow!" the man said. "Can I take it for a test drive?" Unlike what he expected, the man found that the car ran perfectly and he took it back to the lady’s house.

"Why are you selling me this great Porsche for only $500?"

"My husband just ran off with his secretary, and he told me I could have the house and the furniture as long as I sold his Porsche and sent him the money."

No comments:

Post a Comment