Monday, October 1, 2018

Sunday, September 30, 2018


I got up twice during the night.  I finally woke up at 6:30 and Teresa asked me what time it was and then she got up.  I got up at 7:45, washed up a little and had a breakfast of cereal and banana.
Teresa left at 8:45 to meet Cecilia and go to the finca.

We obviously got some rain overnight.  It was still pretty overcast, possibly leading to showers so besides putting on my shorts and t-shirt I brought my umbrella (and my cellphone).

I left the apt at 9:25 and walked to where Ciclovia begins and then walked down to the Aymará restaurant.  I saw a table available inside so I grabbed it.  The menu looked the same as the restaurant in Caldas including having strawberry waffles.  Unfortunately I just had a large bowl of cereal so I only ordered a café con leche and an almojabana for 4,200 pesos.  I was disappointed to find they don’t have wifi.  I looked around and saw the same gringo I saw sitting next to me last night in Antica pizza.  I said hi as he was leaving and he confirmed it was he I saw last night.  His name is Jeremy and he’s from Alaska.

I walked through the Buena Mesa restaurant area and down to McDonald’s.  I just sat there a few minutes like I was waiting for someone and this time I was able to get an internet connection through their wifi.

I walked towards the new mall looking for the large white building that had rental and/or for sale signs on it.  I finally spotted it as I was nearing the entrance to the mall.

There is a new sign outside the mall stating that the theater will be Cine Colombia – yay!  Also, they will have an iMax screen.  Wow!  In the entrance I could see one of the new stores – a Crepes & Waffles restaurant.  I went inside Exito and went to their new GoWorking location but was unable to get a good internet connection.

Outside I walked across the street and up a block to the white building but all the signs on it were “for sale” signs, nothing “for rent”.

I walked back to the apt and was back by 11:15.

I made popcorn 2 minutes before the Bears vs Buccaneers game started.  OMG, the Bears are up 38-3 at halftime.  Finally, the offense is clicking to match the defense.  The Bears prevailed 48-10.

For lunch Laura ordered chicken from Frisby – her online app showed a sale that we took advantage of.

Teresa spent some time at her mother’s apt and returned about 6pm.

About 10pm I had Sunday Night Football on while going through news on my cellphone when Laura asked if she could change the channel.  I said “sure” as I wasn’t that interested in the game.  She put on something called “rumbo de universo” which consisted of a pretty young girl from each of the 32 departments competing for Miss Colombia.  Each of them were in a black bikini and I have to admit it was much more interesting than watching the Ravens vs the Steelers.  😄

Joke of the day
Excerpts from a Dog's Diary......
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!
Excerpts from a Cat's Diary......
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am.
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.  The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released – and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observed him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now................

No comments:

Post a Comment