Saturday, October 20, 2018

Friday, October 19, 2018


I had a typical night’s sleep finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I received an email from Chuck – surprise, they are back in Envigado.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym, picking up a free Adn newspaper on the way.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours and 5 minutes.  I added 5# to the butterfly machine so for the time being I should have no more problems with disappearing weights and I also increased my speed on the treadmill from 5.2 to 5.3.  On the way back to the apt I picked up a free Gente newspaper.

Teresa informed me that we will be seeing an apartment in the La Magnolia neighborhood this afternoon.  We just have to wait for her (owner? Realtor?) to call.

I called Chuck and told him I’m busy this afternoon but I’ll let him know as soon as I’m available.

I received an email from my brother that his girlfriend Joan and her daughter Airin are coming to visit us also, a few days after my brother arrives.  The more the merrier!

Late in the afternoon Teresa told me we’re going to see the apt on Monday.  I called Chuck and made plans to meet him in the park.
I thought I would find him at Bartolos but he and Darnelly were wandering aroung the park.  Darnelly stayed in the park for something she had to take care of and Chuck and I went to the bakery by city hall where I gave him his Condorito newspapers and he gave me a 5# bag of salted in the shell peanuts, 4 bottles of root beer, 3 gel pens,  2 boxes of jumbalaya rice mix, and a small bag of peanut brittle.  He told me they still haven’t sold their house and since Darnelly is now a citizen she wants to stay in the States.  Chuck wants to move here and if anything happened to him Darnelly doesn’t speak English and doesn’t drive so she would kind of be lost in the States.

Back at the apt I divvied up all the peanuts into 10 separate ziploc storage bags.  Hopefully that will keep them fresh for the NFL season.

Laura told me she talked to Sara in Massachusetts this morning and she wants Laura to think about if she wants to be their au pair.  I think they will be talking again tomorrow.

We were going to go for pizza but it started raining and after it stopped Teresa declared (like I’ve never heard this before) that it will be too difficult to get a taxi.

About 9:30 it started raining again and it might have continued all night.

Joke of the day
A guy was sitting at a bar. He was totally depressed. The bartender, serving him a drink, asked what was wrong.
"I'll never understand women" said the man. "The other night on my birthday, my wife said as my gift, I could do with her whatever I wanted."
"Wow! That's quite some gift" said the bartender. "So why are you so dejected?"
"Well I thought about it for a while" said the man, "and decided to send her home to her mother, and now she won't even speak to me!"

2 comments:

  1. FYI It's: 'mimic', 'mimicked', 'mimicking'. –Ain't english orthography fun? (Spanish orthography is far simpler!)

    Cheers!

    PM
    ==
    PS - Where are all the dang Scrabble players?
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrabble players? Ah, because of "mimic". I play Words with Friends with my son.

      Delete