Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Monday, January 17, 2022

Last night I went to bed about midnight, fell asleep quickly, got up once to use the toilet, got up a few minutes later just before the alarm went off.

Since I showered last night I just washed my face, shaved, and dressed. Teresa was right behind me and we left together while Laura was awake but still in bed.

We went down to the pool but it doesn’t open until 8am and it was only 7:40am so we went for breakfast instead. Teresa had their buffet for 82mil and I ordered the waffles for 30mil. The muchacho brought me one waffle section and I told him the menu said it included two so he went back and brought me another. It included a small amount of maple syrup with pieces of kiwi (not my favorite fruit) on it. The waffles were cold and dry but it was something. Being low on cash I asked to charge it. Strangely, the bill included 1 buffet but nothing about my waffle and coffee. I tried to point that out to no avail so I paid for Teresa’s buffet with my debit card.

We moved to the pool but my laptop battery was dying so I soon had to move inside to recharge it.

It’s a very windy day and the ladies spent the morning huddled up on one of the couches. Gusts were strong enough that it blew one of the metal recliners into the pool.

At 12:30 I went next door to Plaza Boca Grande to check out the stores. They had ATMs from Davivienda, Servibanca and Bancolombia and I withdrew some badly needed cash. They also had a Crepes & Waffles, El Corral, and Frisby restaurants.

I reported back to the ladies and Teresa soon sent me back for burritos from Frisby. I purchased a burrito and piece of chicken each for Teresa and I.

We ate it with some difficulty in the strong wind.

They chatted some more while I played some speed chess on my laptop. I had a 7-game winning streak, the last game most amazing because I was losing and I checkmated my opponent.

It took the ladies nearly two hours to get ready for dinner. We finally left at 8pm. We returned to the Charleston Santa Teresa restaurant then walked up the incline to check out a different restaurant. Laura looked at their menu then stated that it’s the same thing. We walked into town and finally selected Mardeleva.

These photos are with and without using the flash:








Teresa ordered a seafood salad, Laura pasta and I their pepper steak, medium well. Their food came first and when mine arrived it looked like a huge filet. I cut into it and it oozed blood. I sent it back and suggested they butterfly it because it’s so thick. It came back red and I sent it back again and this time it was cooked as separate slices. It was very difficult to chew and had no peppery taste. After Teresa had a long discussion with a manager they finally settled on bringing me a bowl of pasta fettucine.

The bill didn’t have the steak on it but I left an extra 20mil as a tip.

It was now about 10pm and we returned to the hotel by taxi.

Laura tried, in vain, to change our flight from 10:30 to later in the day so we could spend more time at the hotel. She thought we had to be out by checkout time now realizing that we could leave our suitcase in the hotel until our flight.

We did the majority of the packing before going to bed around midnight.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 805,069 ð 806,851 ð 703,718 new cases and 1,984 ð 1,962 ð 1,831 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 35,575 ð 32,317 ð 24,272 new cases with 129 ð 136 ð 135 new deaths. Medellin has 2,896 ð 1,751 ð 1,219 new cases from January 16th to 17th. Envigado has 126 ð 155 ð 71 new cases from January 16th to 17th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment