Sunday, January 2, 2022

Saturday, January 1, 2022

It’s New Years Day! God, please let 2022 be healthier than 2021.

Well, I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. For the duration of the morning I went from working on the computer to trying to sleep but I’m resting more than sleeping.

I backed up my hard drive to my external hard drive.

I sent myself $700 using World Remit to be picked up Monday to pay the 1st of the month bills. I’m not going to depend on the ATMs this time figuring they will be nearly empty.

Laura texted me asking where they could find an open restaurant. I checked my blog and 3 years ago I went to Viva Envigado and the cafes and restaurants were open but not the stores.

I watched Don’t Look Up on Netflix.

I had a nap after lunch and finally slept - for 90 minutes.

Laura and Lenny were over when I got up.

They paid me in pesos for last night’s Dann Carlton party and Laura’s coming hotel stay in Cartagena.

Lenny and Laura left at 5:30 to return to their hotel. They have arranged for a driver to take them to the airport late tomorrow morning for Lenny’s 2:30pm flight back to the US. Laura then will stay here for the remainder of the month. Our next opportunity to see Lenny will be if and when we visit the US next summer.

I updated Social Security with my new mailing address.

A few more fireworks in the evening.

We went to bed at 9:30.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 346,767 ð 378,516 ð 399,364 new cases and 1,275 ð 1,242 ð 1,328 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 8,436 ð 10,401 ð 12,415 new cases with 35 ð 41 ð 44 new deaths. Medellin has 1,933 ð 1,905 ð 2,527 new cases from December 31st to January 1st. Envigado has 146 ð 123 ð 147 new cases from December 31st to January 1st.

 

T-shirt of the day

Break your legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment