Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Monday, January 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:45, finally waking/getting up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up for the day.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Parque Envigado. I bought my medications for the month at Todo Drogas, bought a blue highlighter and 5 money envelopes at the copy center, and exchanged paperbacks at the used bookstore.

In Viva Envigado I waited an hour and 45 minutes to see a cashier in Bancolombia to collect the cash I sent using World Remit. (At first they only had 3 cashiers but by the time I left they had 7. In the future I’ll take my chance that the ATM has enough cash.) Then it was another 10-minute wait at Av Villas to pay for the apartment. By the time I was done it was noon so I skipped coffee, bought a bag of mozzarella cheese in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I received an email confirmation that I changed my address on Paypal so maybe everything is good to go. I’ll know when I try to make a payment.

Laura has a cold today.

After lunch I had a nap of a little over an hour.

I can’t believe my ankles are sore. I’m not sure if it was the walk to the park that did it or more likely the walk down the hill to Viva Envigado. I guess I haven’t been getting enough exercise. No surprise there.

I went to the Citibank website to retrieve my monthly statement. It said it wanted to send a one-time code to my cellphone at +57 … I obliged and surprisingly it worked.

I walked to Parva but it was closed (I think they are always closed Mondays) and I see they now have limited hours on Sundays.

 


Laura texted me about some cold medicine she wants so I stopped at the Pasteur pharmacy and bought her some pills.

She’s been sleeping almost all day (in our bed) and night (on the recliner).

I was going to get a haircut tomorrow, but Teresa wants me to wait until next week just before we leave for Cartagena. She reminded me we leave in ten days.

I watched more episodes of Seinfeld. I’m now into season 8.

I put on my last AD and went to bed at 10pm. It’s only MPs from here on, baby!. 😊

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 399,364 ð 405,470 ð 486,658 new cases and 1,328 ð 1,254 ð 1,276 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 12,415 ð 11,318 ð 9,848 new cases with 44 ð 40 ð 35 new deaths. Medellin has 2,527 ð 2,452 ð 1,338 new cases from January 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has 147 ð 181 ð 46 new cases from January 2nd to 3rd.

 

T-shirt of the day

1.   No. 2. Thanks. 3. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment