Monday, January 17, 2022

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed about 10pm, fell asleep quickly, was awakened about 4am when the ladies returned. They were in bed by 4:30 and I made a trip to the toilet, verified the A/C was set to 20 degrees (70) and returned to bed. I catnapped until 6:30 when I saw the sun was up. I waited until 7am so I could catch my cellphone alarm and shut it off quickly. I got up, took my shower, dresses, shaved and was out the door by 7:30.

I was on the elevator when it stopped on the 30th floor and two young men got on. I got off because I had forgotten my facemask. Luckily, I have extras in my laptop bag so I just put on a new one.

I had a Colombian breakfast in the 11th floor restaurant




then set up my computer again on the 12th floor and worked on my blog. When I finished I went back up to the room as the ladies were finishing getting ready.

We went down to the beach and they went to some shack where they ordered fish for their breakfast/lunch. It looked like the same fish they had yesterday for lunch.







Back upstairs we changed into swimsuits and went to the adult pool. It’s a decent size infinity pool, don’t recall the last time, if ever I swam in an infinity pool. We laid in the sun between about 3pm and 4pm. The ladies moved to a padded couch and I took the remaining spot next to Laura. I couldn’t see Teresa because Laura was in the way. At one point a young man walked in front of us, stopped for a second, looked at Teresa and adjusted his shirt. It seems Teresa was showing too much boob.

😊

Back in our room we took a nap for an hour or two.

Laura took us, by taxi, to a nice restaurant called Niku. Again we had to show our Covid-19 vaccination cards. They don’t take reservations but we only had to wait a couple minutes for a table. Laura ordered sushi, Teresa a seafood plate, and I sirloin steak with an American potato, which I hoped was a baked potato. The potato came first with a topping of cheese, not butter as I asked, and it was stone cold. I sent it back and stressed I only want butter. My steak soon arrived and it was two large pieces cooked perfectly, and was tender and delicious.



 As I finished my first piece of meat my potato arrived and it was hot with a side of butter. Only problem was it was cut into fourths making it impossible to “crack” and put butter in the center. Well, I knew it wasn’t going to be an Idaho baked potato. The check came and the total was 263,780 and the share for Teresa and I was 160mil. That sounded like a lot until I did the math: 160,000COP = $40 or roughly $20 apiece. I got a nice steak with baked potato and a bottle of water for 20 bucks, not bad.

We walked around the downtown section for a while where lots of opportunities to buy snacks and souvenirs. Pretty cool!

We quickly found a taxi to return us to the hotel but the driver was crazy. The front window was tinted so heavily I don’t know how he could see out of it. He challenged every bus and other car to keep us moving ahead of the pack. On the highway at one point he was holding his cellphone in his left hand, shifting with his right and steering with his left elbow.

We got back to the apt at 11pm and we all soon crashed. Laura wants us to go to some island tour early tomorrow but I really don’t feel like skipping breakfast and running to buy a ticket.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 803,736 ð 806,157 ð 805,069 new cases and 1,873 ð 1,928 ð 1,984 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 30,283 ð 34,923 ð 35,575 new cases with 96 ð 106 ð 129 new deaths. Medellin has 2,904 ð 3,298 ð 2,896 new cases from January 14th to 15th. Envigado has 261 ð 261 ð 126 new cases from January 14th to 15th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Here comes the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment