Sunday, January 9, 2022

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up once at 3am, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

Jimmy texted me that Annette has been moved to the ICU. Not a good sign.

I left the apt at 2pm and had coffee in Parva. It started getting dark and I had thoughts if it was going to rain at 4pm again. At 3:45 I noticed a few raindrops on a car parked outside.

We all left the apt at 7:30 and took a Didi to El Correo. No problem getting a table as this is what it looked like at 8pm on this Saturday night.




Teresa tried the chicken and raved about it. She even said it was better than hers. I tried their ribs for the first time. Very meaty, I ate 4 and had 4 to go. Only negative comment is I asked for them to be bathed in BBQ sauce and I didn’t detect any sauce on them.

Laura’s cousins (from Teresa’s brother James) arrived at 9pm and they had a drink and chatted for about an hour.

The bill came to 220,110 pesos ($55) which I paid with my debit card and we left as the girls are going out to party.

We quickly caught a Didi and I was surprised at all the people enjoying the blocked off streets of Provenza – sitting at tables drinking or just walking the streets.

A few minutes later we stopped at a traffic light. Next to us were 2 young dudes on a motorcycle. A transit policeman pulled up next to them and all I understood him say was 5,000 or 6,000 pesos (fine?) and the young man on back got off and started walking and the motorcycle sped off when the light changed to green.

We were back at the apt by 10:30 and I did my nightly exercises and reading before going to bed.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 610,989 ð 648,211 ð 656,478 new cases and 1,404 ð 1,499 ð 1,524 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 23,039 ð 26,190 ð 31,170 new cases with 51 ð 59 ð 38 new deaths. Medellin has 3,851 ð 4,843 ð 4,840 new cases from January 7th to 8th. Envigado has 213 ð 302 ð 281 new cases from January 7th to 8th.

 

T-shirt of the day

No-bra generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment