Friday, January 21, 2022

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I fell asleep quickly, got up at 2:15 and 5:45 to use the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Today is my 9th anniversary in Medellin, Colombia.

Next door at Exito I picked up another small carton of 6 eggs and laundry detergent.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall. I made an ATM withdrawal then went outside to pay the wifi bill at Baloto but found it closed. I went inside to Santa Lena where I had coffee for about an hour.

I texted Laura and asked her to go with me to City Plaza to check on the status of my sandals. She agreed but informed me she’s got a 2:30 doctor’s appointment in Poblado.

I went back outside to Baloto but it was still closed. Laura texted me asking me to pick up Frisby chicken for lunch. The food court doesn’t open until 11:30 so I went across the street where I paid the Tigo/Une bill at a Gana store.

Back at the mall I bought a large package of eggs in Exito then ordered chicken from Frisby.

I quickly caught a taxi outside and was back at the apt complex just before noon. I was holding the package of eggs by the cardboard handle with my right hand and the package of Frisby chicken in my left and a binder under my left arm. The elevator door opened and as I took a step the cardboard handle broke and the eggs broke all over the floor. I quickly opened the apt door and called for help. I managed to salvage 18 eggs but the others (30?) were lost. Teresa called the portero to ask house cleaning to come and help. In the meantime, I rode the elevator for about 10 minutes warning people not to step on the mess. The house cleaner came and quickly scooped up the mess and put it in a bucket and mopped the floor.

So Laura doesn’t have to hurry, we’re going to wait and go to City Plaza tomorrow.

I left at 3pm and walked to Parva where I ate peanuts and drank a 400ml bottle of Coke. I returned to the apt by 5pm.

Teresa informed me that the guy in our building who has been renting our parking space for 90mil a month no longer needs it.

The ladies left at 6:30 to go to Adriana’s (sp?) birthday party.

I watched more episodes of season 9 of Seinfeld. Almost finished.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 756,752 ð 753,990 ð 740,726 new cases and 1,889 ð 1,971 ð 2,029 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 24,272 ð 27,603 ð 30,506 new cases with 135 ð 169 ð 190 new deaths. Medellin has 1,219 ð 1,698 ð 2,474 new cases from January 19th to 20th. Envigado has 71 ð 128 ð 189 new cases from January 19th to 20th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Not sure if wife is leaving over my poker addiction… or she’s bluffing.

2 comments: