Thursday, January 27, 2022

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:45, finally waking/getting up at 7:45. (Last night I made sure both cellphones were turned off.)

I met Glenn with Bianca at Los Porteños just after 9am. We had our usual croissant with egg inside with a couple coffees. He assisted me with starting a post on Facebook asking, “Where in Medellin can I find a good homemade iced tea?”.

I returned to the apt by 10:45.

Now I have a problem with the yahoo email account on my laptop. It made me change my password again so hopefully this is the last time.

Teresa and I left the apt at noon for Mercado Madrid.

Well, that was interesting. At checkout the total came to 370,503 pesos and I said the usual to the cashier, “debito, corriente, y pesos, por favor” as I handed her my debit card. I checked the receipt, saw she charged it in dollars, I circled, “USD” and “3.50% incluido” on the receipt and told her it wasn’t in pesos. She called someone on her phone and soon 2 managers showed up. (I assume they are managers because the young cashiers have blue shirts and these older ladies had white shirts.) The first manager cancelled the debit purchase and gave me a copy of the receipt. She then proceeded to read off each purchase so the cashier could enter it again in the cash register.

Teresa informed me the cashier was new and asked me what the difference would be between dollars and pesos and I did a quick calculation on my cellphone calculator and it was only 13,500 pesos but I figured the girl has to learn sometime.

The new total came to 369,959 which I thought was amazingly close to the original. The cashier entered the new total into the card reader and said, “dollars or pesos” and the 2nd manager said, “dollars” and that fast the girl pushed the button. So, they got it wrong a second time. I said to myself, “forget it, we’re not going through that again”, so I paid and we left.

As usual a muchacho pushed our cart of groceries up the hill 1 block and another block to our apt complex. He was able to deliver them to our apt door and I tipped him the usual 10mil.

I’m using my new cellphone (Samsung Galaxy A52 5G) exclusively now trying to get an idea of how long its battery lasts.

I watched The Bar (6.3) and The Town (7.5) on Netflix.

Since yesterday I kept getting errors when I try to access my Yahoo emails on my laptop. I ended up deleting and readding my account. Now everything seems to be okay again.

My cellphone battery lasted all day today. Yay! Maybe I won’t even need the battery case.

I couldn’t figure out how to turn off my new cellphone. It has something called Google Assistant (GA). The first few times I turned off my phone I just had to say, “Hey Google, turn off” and it shut down. Now when I do that it just brings up a little screen on the bottom with other suggestions. I finally figured out how to turn off GA but left it turned on when I left it to recharge.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 738,680 ð 643,615 ð 619,958 new cases and 2,369 ð 2,367 ð 2,441 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 21,219 ð 19,512 ð NOT REPORTED new cases with 237 ð 260 ð NOT REPORTED new deaths. Medellin has UNREPORTED  ð UNREPORTED ð 1,533 new cases from January 25th TO 26TH. Envigado has UNREPORTEDð UNREPORTED  ð 72 new cases from January 25th TO 26TH.

 

T-shirt of the day

I’m getting carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment