Monday, January 31, 2022

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:45, had difficulty falling back asleep, got up again at 4am, had difficulty falling back asleep, at 6:33 set my OneTouch alarm for 30 minutes so I wouldn’t oversleep, did my Kegel exercises, Alarmy went off at 7am (wtf?) and I got up.

Glenn and I had French toast at Sere in Poblado. (We think they have the best French toast in Medellin.) 



Glenn told me he thought he saw on Facebook that Danny’s Sugar Mamas is for sale. That was fast. He played a few pinocle games while I played a few speed chess games. At one point a young Colombian asked me if I had a chess board with me but I told him “another day”.

In the taxi on the way back to Envigado, I asked the driver how many departments (states) there are in Colombia. He had no idea. I googled it and there are 31.

I asked him how many comunas there are in Medellin and he had no idea. There are 16.

I asked how many barrios (neighborhoods) there are in El Poblado and he had no idea. There are 24.

At Viva Envigado I stopped in Dollar City but didn’t find what I was looking for. In Exito I bought a package of 10 plastic hangers, 2 bags of milk, Dove soap, and dish soap and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa didn’t feel like cooking so I ordered chicken using the Rappi delivery app.

 

I watched the Bengals beat the Chiefs in overtime. What a game!

I watched the Rams beat the 49ers which was a pretty good game also.

The battery on my new cellphone reached the 15% critical level at 8:30. Not bad.

I went to bed at 10:15.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 547,285 ð 534,782 ð 522,965 new cases and 2,499 ð 2,486 ð 2,526 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 29,946 ð 18,450 ð 16,119 new cases with 269 ð 272 ð 247 new deaths. Medellin has 1,885 ð 976 ð 1,090 new cases from January 29th to 30th. Envigado has 53 ð 45 ð 47 new cases from January 29th to 30th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Estes Aerospace Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment