Friday, January 7, 2022

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I received an email that my MagicJack Home has shipped.

I also received an email from Cine Colombia with additional platinum benefits: two free tickets for one movie with popcorn, soda, hotdog and candy bar.

I had breakfast then left the apt at 9am and met Marcos 3 blocks away at café Mana (sp?) but it was closed. We walked across the street and had coffee at Tostao. After about 20 minutes of catching up on things he said he forgot to leave money with the portero for a delivery and he left. We made plans to meet again next Monday.

I stopped at Mercado Madrid where I picked up a few groceries before returning to the apt.

The elevator was ‘under maintenance’ and I had to walk up 4 flights to our floor.

I had about an hour nap after lunch.

I left the apt at 2pm and bought another package of 10 Tena Protectors (MPs) for 21mil and a bottle of nasal spray for my cold for 28mil in Pasteur pharmacy. I was having coffee in Parva when it started raining at 3pm. Ten minutes later it was pouring but it stopped 45 minutes later. I left at 4:45 in a light drizzle.

I watched more episodes of season 8 of Seinfeld.

I wrote the following quickly as I watched the evening news, “Omicron golpea operación de aerolínes en Colombia” ie,

Omicron hits airline operation in Colombia.

It seems some Latam flights from Bogota to Cali were cancelled because of Covid-19.

In Antioquia new infections have increased from 2,622 (Tuesday) to 4,050 (Wednesday) to 5,056 (today).

On Expat Exchange some expats have said that if the presidential candidate Petro wins it’s time for us to find a new country to live in. Tonight when they showed the candidates on TV and how they’re currently polling Teresa said the same thing.

I saw Laura getting dressed up; I’m sure she spent at least 15 minutes blow drying her hair.  I told her, “You’ve been sick all week and I can’t believe you’re going out.” About 8:45 she walks out on the balcony. Five minutes later she’s back in her pajamas. She said because it’s raining.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 547,613 ð 585,535 ð 610,989 new cases and 1,323 ð 1,329 ð 1,404 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 12,353 ð 16,259 ð 23,039 new cases with 39 ð 40 ð 51 new deaths. Medellin has 1,951 ð 2,907 ð 3,851 new cases from January 5th to 6th. Envigado has 133 ð 99 ð 213 new cases from January 5th to 6th.

 

T-shirt of the day

I like crazy people who don’t give a fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment