Monday, January 24, 2022

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I just read the Packers lost to the 49ers last night. So much for home field/weather advantage. Thank you, ex-Bear Robbie Gould! Goodbye Aaron Rodgers!

I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station just before 8:30. We took a taxi to Poblado and walked down to Hija Mia Nomada. I had the acai berry bowl with a couple lattes. The strawberry muchacho came by and asked where we are from and we replied, “The United States”. I asked him the same and of course he said, “Colombia”. I asked what city and he replied, “Medellin”. He then asked how we ask that question in English. I said, “what city” and Glenn said, “which city” so then we had a debate as to when to use “what” as compared to “where”. I bought a bag of strawberries for 20mil.

The battery on my new cellphone is already down to 15%. I bet the plug came out of the outlet last night and I didn’t get a full charge.

We paid about 40mil each for breakfast and returned to Envigado by taxi. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I recycled a couple plastic bottles and made an ATM withdrawal. In Exito I confirmed how many eggs were in the large package I dropped and it’s 30 so I lost a dozen eggs the other day. I bought 3 small packages of blueberries and a 6-pack of 250ml Coke and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa informed me that Vicky has reserved an apt in Cartagena for the end of the year. Do we want to join them? It would be Vicky, Daniela, the granddaughter, Vicky, Teresa, and I. We would be sleeping on a foldout couch/bed. I don’t think so.

I watched the highlights of the 49ers beating the Packers on NFL Game Pass.

My current correspondence rating on Chess.com is 1615. I’m finishing up 3 games where I have the Black pieces so I would be happy with the equivalent of a draw in each, like, a win, a draw, and a loss.

I watched The Power of the Dog (7.0) on Netflix.

I successfully copied all my apps from my old cellphone to the new one but the contents of my Keep My Notes app didn’t get copied. I tried doing an Online Synchronization, but it stalls part way through.

Laura couldn’t find a work-around, but after checking the internet it appears I can insert a Micro SD card (have to buy one first) into my old phone, backup my Keep My Notes files to it, insert it in the new phone, and restore the files.

I watched some NFL football today on NFL Game Pass.

Teresa informed me the water will be turned off tomorrow from 8am to 3pm.

For the last few days I’ve been able to set the intensity of my TENS 3000 unit to 6. Not sure what that means.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 721,658 ð 713,007 ð 693,272 new cases and 2,162 ð 2,145 ð 2,168 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 31,039 ð 28,027 ð 26,087 new cases with 197 ð 199 ð 217 new deaths. Medellin has 2,728 ð 1,855 ð 1,914 new cases from January 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has 139 ð 102 ð 198 new cases from 22nd to 23rd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Do all things in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment