Monday, January 3, 2022

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. I finally feel like I’ve got my sleep pattern back on a regular schedule.

We must have gotten some rain overnight as the streets are wet.

I received an email from Cine Colombia that we Platinum members have our benefits extended again through 2022.

Laura texted me asking for a recommendation for breakfast so I recommended Hija Mia, Nomada.

I left the apt at 8:20 and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station. We quickly caught a taxi to Poblado. No ciclovia today. We stopped at Seré for their French toast, but it was closed. We walked the two blocks down to Hija Mia and got the last large table. We had just had our first coffee and ordered our food when I noticed a girl come in with the same Minnie Mouse t-shirt that Laura has. It was Laura with Lenny and of course, they joined us at our table for breakfast. We chatted a bit and when it was time to leave Lenny paid for our breakfast and they took an Uber back to their hotel. Lenny’s flight leaves at 3:20pm, he has a 3-hour layover in Fort Lauderdale and returns to Boston at 1am tomorrow. That’s a long day.

Glenn and I walked over to Calle 10 where we caught a taxi to Envigado via Avenida Poblado. They got out at Sao Paolo Plaza and I continued on to our neighborhood Exito where I bought apples, bananas, blueberries and milk. I was surprised the muchacho put it all in one bag and I was hoping it wouldn’t break as I returned to the apt. As I placed the bag on the kitchen table, the bag tilted and the box of blueberries fell out, opened and were all over the floor. Teresa helped me pick them up and return them to the box.

At halftime of the Bears vs Giants game I set up a new Paypal account using my brother’s address and cellphone number.

I watched the Chicago Bears defeat the NY Giants 29-3 to go up 6-10 on the season.

At 4pm I noticed we had a light drizzle.

My Chess.com rating is currently 1607. I stopped playing for the holidays and just started again today.

Laura left at 4:15 to meet girlfriends in Viva Envigado.

I received an email from Paypal asking me to confirm my email address. Then it asked me to add my debit card but it defaulted the billing address to my brother’s address. Uh-oh. I tried adding my FL address but it replied, We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.”

Ah, I forgot to turn on my VPN. I turned it on and tried again and this time, “Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.” Sigh!

That time I entered an old debit card number. I tried again and “We’re unable to link your card. Please check the expiration date or reach out to the card issuer.” I’ve probably messed it up royal by now. I’ll try again another day.

Laura returned at 7:45.

I finished reading Daniel Keyes’ paperback Flowers for Algernon. It seemed familiar. Maybe I read it in high school or saw the movie.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 378,516 ð 399,364 ð 405,470 new cases and 1,242 ð 1,328 ð 1,254 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 10,401 ð 12,415 ð 11,318 new cases with 41 ð 44 ð 40 new deaths. Medellin has 1,905 ð 2,527 ð 2,452 new cases from January 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 123 ð 147 ð 181 new cases from January 1st to 2nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

I’m a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment