Thursday, January 6, 2022

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am, again at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to Los Porteños. Glenn arrived a minute later. We both had our usual croissant with scrambled eggs (he with crispy bacon) and a couple coffees. I went to Parva where I had a café con leche and bought a pan sano to go.

Teresa got her 2nd Pfizer vaccination today. Yay! She called me and asked me to meet her at Asados Rogelio for lunch. (She didn’t know they aren’t open today.) Back at the apt she called Laura and asked me to meet her at Chiclayo. I wasn’t real hungry so I had a vegetarian dish and a glass of water.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MagicJack but it still refers to my old phone number.

We left the apt at 4:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. Up on the 3rd floor we bought a 190cm x 140cm mattress (and mattress cover) for 1,606,300 ($400) from Rambler.



(Laura has been complaining she can’t sleep on our hard mattress. That’s after years of sleeping on it here but now she’s spoiled with things American.) I asked Teresa if they will take away the old mattress. I think I heard there would be an extra charge for so she declined the offer. She told me she will ask the portero and the finca renters and in the meantime we will put it on top of the mattress in the other bedroom. It is scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

Teresa checked out a couple stores then we went down to Todo Fresa where she had a couple chicken croquettes and coffee and I had a palito de queso and coffee.

We stopped at Cafam pharmacy for some drugs that Laura requested but they didn’t have them. I got a little excited when I noticed a box marked Calendula but it was a cream not capsules.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

I got the intensity up to 5 tonight on my TENS300 unit.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 486,658 ð 547,613 ð 585,535 new cases and 1,276 ð 1,323 ð 1,329 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 9,848 ð 12,353 ð 16,259 new cases with 35 ð 39 ð 40 new deaths. Medellin has 1,338 ð 1,951 ð 2,907 new cases from January 4th to 5th. Envigado has 46 ð 133 ð 99 new cases from January 4th to 5th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Give me the pizza and no one gets hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment