Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Monday, January 24, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at once at 5am, finally awakened by Teresa at 7am. (I guess I forgot to turn off the new phone as it was recharging, and the alarm went off at 7am.)

I left the apt about 7:45 and walked to Mercado Madrid. It wasn’t open so I took a seat on an outside bench next to a young lady. She spoke good English, studying International Business and having family in Atlanta and Florida. Five minutes later I entered the store, bought 3 bags of milk, a long “thingy” of onion and a few bananas. I put them in one of the reusable bags my brother gave me and returned to the apt.

I left at 9am and walked to the mall.

I recycled a Coke bottle and on my way to the ATM I noted that Claro was still closed. I made an ATM withdrawal then saw Claro had opened. I explained in my poor Spanish I was there to register my new cellphone. I took the phone out of the box and handed it to her along with my cedula and my “business card” with my personal information. There were no further questions and it only took 5-10 minutes. (Later I received an email from Claro that my cellphone has been registered.)

I had coffee in Todo Fresa.

Laura texted me that they were going to another appointment for her then they were going to El Tesoro. She invited me to join them but I declined. (Not that I mind El Tesoro so much, I just don’t like spending the whole day there.)

About 1pm I went up to the 3rd floor and entered Sport Wings intending to order nachos and an iced tea but they didn’t have either so I settled on popcorn chicken, fries and a Coke.




My son texted me that his mother should be leaving the hospital tomorrow.

In Exito a young man helped me find the Micro SD cards and I bought a 32GB one for 30mil.

I said I wasn’t going to try this again but I went out the parking entrance took an elevator up one floor from the 1st basement to the 1st floor, headed north and I soon recognized the garage entrance by Starbucks.

I went up to Santa Leña where I had a café con leche and a cheese croissant.

I left about 3:30, bought a 30-pack of eggs in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

At 4pm the water was still off but it came back on 10 minutes later.

I watched Knowing (6.2) on Netflix.

The ladies returned at 7:45. Teresa was pissed because the taxi driver apparently took the scenic route to return them to Envigado.

Laura went out again in the evening to visit with a girlfriend.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 713,007 ð 693,272 ð 738,680 new cases and 2,145 ð 2,168 ð 2,369 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 28,027 ð 26,087 ð 21,219 new cases with 199 ð 217 ð 237 new deaths. Medellin has 1,855 ð 1,914 ð UNREPORTED new cases from January 23rd to 24th. Envigado has 102 ð 198 ð UNREPORTED new cases from 23rd to 24th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Be true to your #selfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment