Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises and gave up going back to sleep at 6:45.

I left the apt at 9:30. First I stopped in Exito and bought some chicken so Teresa can make chicken soup for Laura. I was on my way to Parva when I ran into Glenn in Ganso y Castor. Lately he usually has breakfast either there or in Los Porteños. I waited for him to finish a pinochle game before we could talk. He reminded me I shouldn’t use World Remit, I should use ATMs or Remitly with their 3-day option.

I looked, unsuccessfully, for a specific salad dressing on my way back to the apt.

I logged into my Paypal account (using my VPN) and they asked me to link a debit card. I did and it appears it was accepted. I sent Rob a $20 payment for this months’ TV service, and I see the $20 charge to my bank account to I guess it worked.

I turned on my VPN and ordered the new MagicJack Home device; I sure hope that works. Only problem is I had to choose a new US phone number – (312) 450-7936. I imagine it probably, I hope, won’t be effective until I receive the new device and register it.

I texted Rob and he said he didn’t receive my payment. I asked him to wait until tomorrow. He texted me back a few minutes later to inform me that the payment went through.

I checked the hotel and airline papers and it appears I was mistaken about the number of nights we will be there. I only charged Laura for 4 nights but we will be there 5 nights from January 13th through January 18th, so she owes me for another night. Her credit is good.

With clear skies we hit at least 85 degrees today, perhaps the upper 80s.

I left the apt at 3:30 and walked to Parva where I had coffee for a couple hours. At one point I made a trip to the restroom where I found the door ajar. I started to enter and bumped into a young lady washing her hands. I backed out and checked the doors and they both had what looked like identical smiley faces. Is this something new? Are they unisex? Neither has a urinal so I guess so.

Before I left, I tried to purchase a loaf of pan sano bread but was told to come back tomorrow.

I bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to my apt.

I asked my brother to call my old MagicJack number and it didn’t go through. Sigh!

I’m a little concerned that Colombia may change their laws and Teresa may not be allowed on a flight since she only has one vaccination shot.

I saw on the news that Cartagena is recommending to go to pico y cedula to limit the virus. I could see our going there and then not being able to leave the hotel.

I think I’ve caught Laura’s cold. I’m sneezing a bit and have a runny nose.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 405,470 ð 486,658 ð 547,613 new cases and 1,254 ð 1,276 ð 1,323 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 11,318 ð 9,848 ð 12,353 new cases with 40 ð 35 ð 39 new deaths. Medellin has 2,452 ð 1,338 ð 1,951 new cases from January 3rd to 4th. Envigado has 181 ð 46 ð 133 new cases from January 3rd to 4th.

 

T-shirt of the day

I’m geeky and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment