Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, was awakened by my alarm at 7am, woke up at 8am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

Teresa didn’t find a bathing suit yesterday so she wants me to go with her to what is quickly becoming my least favorite place, El Tesoro mall today.

I got a medical update on my ex. Doctor’s are considering moving her out of the ICU so I guess that means she’s improving.

I didn’t go out and while waiting for Teresa to get ready I took a nap on the recliner. She got tired of waiting for Laura so we finally left at 11:45.

We took a Didi car to El Tesoro for 10mil.

She shopped mainly for a bathing suit. She finally found one in a store named Agua Bendita (blessed water?). What was cool is they had this cute fitting area upstairs we had all to ourselves.





We had lunch in Natto Bowls – this time I had their BBQ pulled pork. I asked if Laura will be joining us and Teresa explained she will be going to a girlfriend’s for her birthday.

Later Teresa found a beach wrap and beach sandals.

While waiting outside one store I paid attention to the escalator that goes down to one of the parking areas. I see from this sign that there are other stores in the lower levels. 



While Teresa was in one store I went next door to a Samsonite store and priced their largest suitcase at 2,099,000 pesos. Yikes!  $500.

I purchased a pair of sandals for Laura for 159,900 that she will reimburse me for later.

At one point I peeked into Cinemark. I mention this not because there were no movies I was interested in but because I had to show my vaccination card to enter.

We had coffee and shared a banana muffin in Starbucks.

There was no line to catch a taxi, probably because it’s after Christmas and not a weekend. The driver took Avenida Poblado back to the apt and I was eager to see if traffic had improved. It hasn’t. The taxi back was 16,000 pesos.

On TV tonight it was mentioned that Cartagena’s Carnival has been cancelled this year due to increased cases of Covid-19.

My brother received my Charles Schwab debit card and was able to activate it.

I’m trying to finish an eBook I have before we leave for Cartagena so I spent the evening reading.

I informed Teresa that because we spent all today in El Tesoro tomorrow I will be having breakfast with Glenn then have errands to run in Viva Envigado so I will be having lunch there.

I noticed it had started drizzling just before I went to bed at 10pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 656,478 ð 718,210 ð 760,936 new cases and 1,524  ð 1,687 ð 1,735 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 31,170 ð 30,630 ð 23,074 new cases with 38 ð 50 ð 65 new deaths. Medellin has 4,840 ð 4,899 ð 2,233 new cases from January 9th to 10th. Envigado has 281 ð 212 ð 153 new cases from January 9th to 10th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Alpha female.

No comments:

Post a Comment