Thursday, January 13, 2022

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2:45, woke up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

I left the apt at 8:15 and in Pasteur pharmacy I bought something Teresa requested plus another small box of MPs for me. I had a cafe con leche in Los Porteños while waiting for Glenn.

I bought a bag of milk on the way back to the apt. The ladies had already left.

I walked to the mall. The outside Baloto was closed for some reason. Inside I made an ATM withdrawal then got in line at the small Baloto desk and after a 15-minute wait I paid the Direct TV and utility bills.

Now this is surprising. There used to be a Banco Caja Social ATM (no ATM fee) here but now it looks like it's being absorbed into Servibanca (16mil ATM fee).




I stopped at the shoe repair shop to pick up our sandals and found this sign:



Sigh!

Inside the mall I paid for our cell phone plans in Claro.

Upstairs I got a haircut from Daniel for 70mil.

I checked to see what time Pizza Americana (near City Plaza) opens but not until 4pm.

I took a taxi to City Plaza and went down the stairs to S3 (basement level 3). I showed my receipt for the sandal repairs to the lady (not the same one I saw 2 weeks ago in Viva Envigado). She brought out Teresa’s single sandal but couldn’t find mine. She looked around and was making a phone call when I told her I would return after lunch.

I went up to the 3rd floor where I had a pretty good burger in Grill Station.




I traded emails with my brother throughout the day. He authorized my new CS debit card, made a small purchase then mailed it to me at my FL address by regular first-class mail. (He checked with Fed-Ex and was quoted $120 but it would be here by Friday.) I told him “No way, send it USPS”.

I found a Todo Fresa next to Parmessano but I couldn’t hear the music they were playing. It certainly wasn’t loud Colombian music. It was hard to hear, more so because I sat outside on their narrow balcony. Beautiful view of the mountains. This 2D view doesn’t do it justice.



Now this store really surprised me.



Hard to believe golf is that popular here that it can support such a nice store in not an upscale mall.

Back downstairs the lady didn’t have my sandals. I called Laura and she talked to her and I understood they will try to get them to me by tomorrow morning. (In Cartagena I want to wear my Teva sandals not flip flops.)

I returned to the apartment by taxi and the ladies returned by 4:30.

Laura printed via .pdf our boarding passes to my USB drive and we’ll get hard copies tomorrow morning.

Teresa took us to Rocket Wings where I had the best chicken wings I’ve had in Colombia.

I finished reading John Grisham’s novel, Racketeer, on my Nook.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 718,210 ð 760,936 ð 782,397 new cases and 1,687 ð 1,735 ð 1,825 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 30,630 ð 23,074 ð 29,857 new cases with 50 ð 65 ð 69 new deaths. Medellin has 4,899 ð 2,233 ð 4,570 new cases from January 11th to 12th. Envigado has 212 ð 153 ð 157 new cases from January 11th to 12th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment