Saturday, December 10, 2022

Friday, December 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall. I had the complete breakfast in Habia Una Vez (small coffee instead of large and without orange juice) for 13,500 pesos.

I had a copy made of the receipt for our Oster blender. (I’ve learned that the print on receipts here decays quickly which is why everyone makes a copy for warranty purposes.) I also printed the amount I’ll be receiving in Social Security next year. The Gente newspapers hadn’t arrived yet so I entered the mall proper.

I made an ATM withdrawal using my Charles Schwab debit card. I went to a fairly new place (for me) close to Todo Fresa called Urbania.



There was only one other table taken when I arrived. I’ve found I get a better wifi connection there.

The LA Rams beat the Las Vegas Raiders last night which helps the Bears earn a higher draft pick.

I left at 11am, bought a few things in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

Oops! I forgot to check again for a Gente newspaper.

Croatia eliminated Brazil today on penalty kicks. So much for the Time Traveler’s prediction of Brazil winning the World Cup over France.

At 1pm Teresa reminded me the girl is coming to give her a massage at 1:30. I said, “I guess you want me to be here then, right?”. She replied, “yes”. I asked, “why?” and she said she was afraid. I asked her who is stronger her or the girl and she replied, “ella”. 😊

She arrived at 1:20 and gave Teresa another massage plus some time with the new device.

I watched 3 episodes of the TV Mini Series, The Looming Tower (8.0) on MTV.

About 5:30 Teresa informed me she wanted food delivered from Chiclayo for supper. In the past we’ve had Laura order for us but today she wanted me to do it. I checked online and they don’t reopen until 6pm. At 5:58pm I texted them a “hola” and immediately received back an automated message they are ready to take online reservations. (In all of the following exchanges, I would show Teresa what they wrote and ask what I should reply but I did all of the texting.)  I wrote, “Quero pider 1. Arroz con camarones 2. Pollo Salgado con papa’s seperado”. (One problem is my English self-correct kept changing my spelling.) They sent me a pdf file of their menu. I sent them our address. They replied, “Buenas noches, claro que si”. I replied, “Gracias.” They then asked for my name, telephone number, and barrio. I wrote back with Teresa’s name and phone number and “barrio Jardines”. They said they would send me the total. They asked if we wanted “arroz rojo con camarones y un pollo saldato? O una chufa de camarones?”. I showed their message to Teresa and all she replied was, “si”. (It seemed to me that some decision was required.) They replied, “o una chaufa de camarones? Este?”. I wrote back, “arroz con mariscos”. They wrote, “Que pena, es que temenos varios. Le voy a compartir la carta para que nos cuenta cual desea” and another PDF copy of their menu. I wrote back, “si”. They wrote back, “?? Tenemos el arroz con mariscos Chiclayo, la chaufa de camarones y el arroz rojo con camarnones. Cual de esos 3 seria? Para poder mandarlo a preparer. Como vas a cancelar. Me dices para mandar a preparte el product.” I wrote, “Arroz a la macho y Pollo Saltado con papas separado”. They wrote, “liston esos dos productos? Como cancel<s?” I wrote back, “Efectivo”. They wrote, “listo senor.” I replied with a thumbs up. They replied, “Para un total de $87000”. I replied, “okay”. This last message was sent at 6:57. Then we had some rain. Our food arrived 45 minutes later and I gave the delivery man 3,000 pesos.

At 10pm as I was going to bed I looked out the bedroom window as I often do. From the clouds it didn’t look like we’ll have rain tonight. I noticed the guard outside the new store next door. I saw a Rappi guy (they have an orange Rappi bag on their back) on a motorcycle going down the street. He stopped in the middle of the block and I wondered why he would stop there since there is no entrance. He went behind a small bush and quickly relieved himself, hopped back on the motorcycle and took off. 😊

Today I got in only 3,292 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment