Thursday, December 22, 2022

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up once during the night, and was awakened at 4am by a cramp in my right calf. I easily worked it out by flattening my foot and then standing on it. I got up and took some Epsom salts and drank a little water. I went back to bed but couldn’t fall asleep. I got up at 4:30 took an allergy pill with some water and did some work on the computer. I went back to bed at 5:15, took a little while to fall asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8:40.

Besides getting up later than usual, breakfast was a little slow and by the time I stepped out of the shower it was 9:43.

I texted Marcos I would be late, like 10:15. (Problem is he usually arrives early and doesn’t bring his phone with him.) I usually wait 15 minutes for my hair to dry but by hustling I arrived at Maca 2 minutes before 10am. I waited about 15 minutes, didn’t hear from him so I had a latte while reading my new chess book, The Jobava London System.

At one point a young man sat at a table in front of me. Using my translator, I showed him, “Puedo ver tu trasero romperse. Tienes que subirte los pantalones o bajarte la camisa.” He mumbled something, stood up, pulled up his pants and pulled down his t-shirt. 😊

In Mercado Madrid I bought apples, tomatoes, lettuce, and milk before returning to the apt.

I entered into ChessBase 16 the root of a repertoire for my Jabava London System opening.

Later this afternoon Teresa is going to visit her brother James in Caldas.

I like literally a drop or two of lemon in my iced tea. I buy an imported lemon and for a week or so I’m good squeezing it into my tea. When it’s empty/dry I cut off small pieces of peel and drop it in. Working great so far!

My daughter texted me she sent me a box of Cora Lee toffee and it’s already arrived in Florida. I texted Nobraskja to let her know it’s coming.

I hadn’t heard from Marcos, and thinking he might be mad at me, I texted and asked him to reply somehow so I know he’s alive. He responded he and his gf got carried away with Hannukah and he forgot about our 10am meeting. We made plans to meet tomorrow morning.

I left at 3:30 and had a café con leche with a pastel de guayaba in Parva. I checked and they don’t close until 7pm. I considered going to Otra Parte for supper but I wasn’t hungry. It was a few minutes after 6 when I noticed it was getting dark outside. (I’m usually back at the apt before dark.) I left and took this video from the Calle 30 side of La Buena Mesa:


To my immediate left is Percimon, the yogurt place, at the end of the block on the left is Ganso y Castor, to the right is the side street with Los Porteños.

I watched episode 5 of Harry & Meghan, one to go.

Today I got in 3,113 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment