Thursday, December 8, 2022

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Today is Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up when I heard Teresa get up and close the bedroom door at 6am. She’s going to pick up some of her monthly medications.

Teresa left at 7:15 and she’ll call me when she leaves the clinic and we’ll meet at Los Porteños for breakfast.

Workers removed the security fence that was surrounding the front of the building. They also removed all of the front doors and windows and built a 5’ concrete block wall at one end.

I left the apt at 7:45 and had a small latte in Los Porteños while waiting for Teresa. She arrived 15 minutes later with her medications. She had a ham sandwich and got one to go for Adriana and I had my usual croissant and scrambled eggs. The check came to 118,546 pesos because, besides the extra sandwich, Teresa added tomato (2,200) and onion (4,400) to each. There was even an extra 2,200-peso charge for “recargo medialuna” for each, whatever that means (labor associated with changing the sandwich?).

I started playing some speed chess but lost the 2nd game because of a dropped wifi signal. I paid my bill and moved to Eduardo Madrid where I got a stronger more consistent signal. It didn’t help much as I lost 5 out of 7 10-minute games. At noon I returned to the apt.

I checked FedEx tracking and Jeannie’s package has already been delivered, at least to her building.

Teresa wants us to buy vegetables later in Mercado Madrid so I’m hanging around the apt in anticipation. Teresa soon said it looked like rain. About 5pm it did get quite dark.

About 5:30 the downpour started. Not good because tonight is Night of the Candles.

I happened to find Dances with Wolves (8.0) on MTV’s Cinemax station. It was a little strange watching a movie that I couldn’t pause. 😊

I beat Troyclough in another game and I’ve raised my rating to 1573. I’ve taken back a lot of rating points that he originally took from me so we’ll see if he wants to continue playing me.

Jeannie texted me that she received her jacket, it fits perfectly and she loves it. 😊

The rain finally stopped just before 8pm.

Today I only got in 1,451 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment