Thursday, December 1, 2022

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once about 3am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. A loud dump truck pulled into the Exito next door at 6:40.

Yesterday, Teresa changed our dentist appointments to start at 4pm instead of 2:30.

Teresa left early (7am?) to get an appointment at eps. I understood she would be back a little after 8 to make my breakfast.

My plan for today was to walk to the mall, pay some bills, and have coffee in Todo Fresa. She needs a new blender so we’d meet there later to go to Home Center.

She texted me at 7:39, I read at 8:25, “there are a lot of people here so let’s do breakfast at Los Porteños”. I asked, “when?”, dressed and walked to Los Porteños arriving one minute before her. We each had a croissant breakfast and lattes that cost a tad over 50mil ($10). She bought a small bag of ripe strawberries from a street vendor for 15mil. Teresa wanted me to drop the bag off at the apt while she returned to Parque Envigado for something. Then she remembered she had to take a pill so she took them to the apt.

I walked to the mall, printed our Santa Marta hotel reservation, paid for the apt, gym, and my health insurance and called Teresa to see if she was coming soon or I should go for coffee. She said go for coffee and we’ll meet up later.

I had a latte at Todo Fresa until about 11:15 then went into Home Center where I shot this quick video of about 27 liquidoras.



I walked back to the apt. Still leaking.

At 11:55 Teresa exclaimed, “it’s noon and I haven’t prepared lunch, I thought it was only 11am”. 😊

Workers next door are unloading more of the narrow concrete blocks.

Teresa told me she has a friend who opened a posteria (cake store) in Alcala. Now she’s looking for the address.

I heard that, supposedly, a time traveler from the future said Brazil will win the World Cup over France. We’ll see about that.

2:45 and we heard thunder in the area.

2:55 Teresa tells me to get dressed. At 3:05 I ask her if I can order a Didi and she says, “wait”.

She finally gave me the go ahead just before 3:30. We were in a Didi five minutes later. I think Sara, our young driver, was a new driver as she drove quite slowly and carefully but we still arrived at Torre Medica in time for our 4pm appointment. Dr. Rendon arrived ten minutes late; said he was watching a soccer match. We both got our teeth cleaned for 200mil ($40) each. Dr. Rendon is taking his family on a 9-day Caribbean cruise over the holidays. I thought I heard Carolina, his wife, speaking English with a patient but he left pretty quickly. After, she confessed she liked hearing his Scottish accent.

We had something to eat in Crepes & Waffles: chicken with broccoli crepes for her and a waffle with frutos de bosque (fruits of the forest) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream for me for 46,500 pesos ($10).

Teresa checked out clothes in Zara and H&M but said everything was either ugly or for winter. We took number 224 from the automated dispenser for a taxi then went upstairs to the Japanese store where Teresa bought 3 eyebrow pencils. (At least I think that’s what they were.) Back downstairs they were calling number 187 so we had a while to wait. Luckily, not everyone stayed to catch a taxi so the total wait was only about 45 minutes. Our driver almost made me seasick as he used the accelerator as a brake; back and forth, back and forth. At least traffic wasn’t so bad returning but then again it was like 7:45 at night.

Today I got in 6,376 steps.

I went to bed at 10pm, hearing lots of firecrackers.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment