Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Monday, December 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/ getting up at 6:15.

Teresa wants to have breakfast later in Los Porteños.

Correction: After we have breakfast at Los Porteños, Teresa wants us to take a taxi directly to Las Americas where she can pick up her medicine then we will go across the street to Pricesmart. We should be back in time for lunch, right? Right? Ha Ha Ha.

I went ahead to Los Porteños and ordered breakfast for each of us. Teresa didn’t arrive until 15 minutes after the food arrived so her ham sandwich couldn’t have been that warm. It was her idea to walk to the other side of the block to Calle 31 where we quickly caught a taxi to Clinica Las Americas for 15mil. She spoke to someone on the first floor and they send us up to the 2nd floor. We get in the elevator and Teresa pressed the button “-2”. I asked her if we really want to go to the 2nd level parking garage and she quickly pressed the “2”. The 2nd floor is the chemotherapy waiting room. She got a number “42” and about 45 minutes later she got to speak to someone. Then we waited another 90 minutes for someone to call her name and give her the medication. It was now 11:30 so we went next door to Arkadia mall. Crepes & Waffles didn’t open for another 30 minutes to Teresa went back to Le Visage where she got her lashes fixed. I understood they were under warranty LOL and she got them longer or thicker or something for no extra charge. When she came out we went into Crepes & Waffles where I had the curry chicken bread bowl and she had their Encanto Tropical. We each had a fresh juice for a total of 81,050 ($17). When she came out, she informed me she wanted to have her eyebrows done. She said it would only take 20 minutes but it was more like 40.

We walked across the street to Pricesmart. I had nothing on my list but I saw their Canada maple syrup and the expiration date is 2024 so I bought one to add to my pantry (closet). Sometimes they don’t have it and I didn’t want to take a chance in the future. Teresa found a number of things. Unfortunately, they didn’t have the turkey breast but they did have Butterball whole turkeys. Teresa wanted to buy one but I refused. After all, when she removes the skin and the fat (it’s healthier) what’s left isn’t that tasty. It was nice there wasn’t the usual huge line to checkout. The total came to 564,564 pesos and the cashier said they couldn’t charge it in pesos so the total was $125.62. The difference in currency exchange rate is from 4,759 in pesos to 4,494 in dollars. When we came out there were 2 huge dogs (Bernese Mountain Dogs?) tied up outside the entrance. Downstairs there was no wait for a taxi back to the apt and traffic was reasonable.

On Charles Schwab website I requested a Travel Notice for December 30th to January 12th.

Teresa talked to Esmeralda and we’re going to Chiclayo for dinner. They arrived about 7:30 and we walked to Chiclayo but there was a line. Teresa asked me what other place we could go to and I suggested Black Pepper although I know she doesn’t like steakhouses. I asked her to walk the 100’ and see if it was busy while is kept our place in line. She called me, I looked up and she waved me over. There were a lot of 4-tops available but most only had 2 chairs. I asked a passing waiter for a table for 4 and he pointed to a larger table downstairs. It took me some time to connect to their wifi, download and look at their menu but I ordered the St. Louis ribs



even though it said they were 1,200mg and for 100mil. The others shared their Grill Mix. 



I showed them the photo of Jacob proposing to Jeannie. I gifted Alejandro a Texas Instruments TI-83+ calculator. He googled it right away on his phone and saw prices of 700mil to 900mil. I told him it didn’t cost me that much since I ordered it directly from the States. We had a downpour while we were there but luckily it stopped before we left. The total bill was 200,382 pesos ($42) and the ribs were only 3 and the cost was like 40/50mil instead of 100.

We walked back to the apt complex and while we stood outside saying our goodbyes it started drizzling again. In the elevator Teresa told me how much he enjoyed the food and when can we return. It is so difficult for me to get her to try new restaurants, especially steakhouses. She reminded me she had a friend working at the restaurant and I reminded her that it was Barbacoa. I told her that they’ve also remodeled.

 I got to bed about 11pm.

Today I got in 5,082 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment