Friday, December 2, 2022

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once about 3am, finally waking at 5:45 and getting up at 6:15. I heard firecrackers almost all night. Were they welcoming in December?

I left at 8:45 and took a Didi to Daniel’s barbershop, arriving a few minutes early. I got my usual haircut for 40mil and tipped him 5mil. I’ve been getting my haircuts on the 1st of the month but January 1st, besides being a holiday, is on a Sunday. Looking ahead, I asked if he would be open on Monday the 2nd and he suggested Tuesday the 3rd. Because I usually play chess on Tuesdays, I told him I would schedule an appointment on Wednesday the 4th.

I tried to order a Didi to take me to Todo Drogas but the app didn’t seem to be able to find them and I didn’t have their address. The driver wasn’t familiar with it so I just told him to take me to Parque Envigado. A few blocks away I recognized where we were and gave him turn by turn directions to Todo Drogas. Besides my own stuff I needed to purchase 12 boxes of birth control for Laura but they only had 7 boxes. (Since the salesman spoke English, I asked what they are building at the old mall site across the street and he answered, “another mall”.) I wasn’t too worried as I knew of 3 other pharmacies on the way back to my apt. The first pharmacy I stopped at, Botica Junin, had the other 5 boxes. The muchacho brought out 2, said something in Spanish and disappeared out the front door. He returned 5 minutes later with the other 3 boxes. Interestingly, Todo Drogas charged 27,800 per box and Botica Junin charged only 26,500 per box. Hmmm.

I walked to Envios Market and Nobraskja removed the contents of the 12 boxes and was able to stuff it all into 4 boxes. That, plus 3 other things Laura wanted, came to 153,000 pesos. Nobraskja told me she didn’t have the scanner with her for my credit card but she said she could bring it to the porteria tonight. I told her I’ll leave cash in an envelope in the porteria.

The total for Laura came to 666,600 COP ($138.88).

I walked across the street and had a latte in Otra Parte. I left at noon and returned to the apt.

In Cine Colombia, The Menu (7.5) plays in Viva Envigado at 9:30.

Teresa had her 2nd massage from 3pm to 4pm.

Alejandro informed me there is a Pizza Master contest going on that ends Sunday.

I left about 4:15 and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid. The place seemed to clear out about 5:30 and I checked and they close at 6pm. I paid for my latte, bought a bag of 4 sesame seed bagels for 10,800 pesos ($2.25) and returned to the apt.

I watched Hunter Killer (6.6) on Netflix, not for the first time.

Today I got in 4,304 steps.

I went to bed at 10pm, hearing lots of firecrackers.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment