Friday, December 9, 2022

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Today is another holiday here, Dia de la Inmaculada (Feast of the Immaculate Conception).

Last night I went to bed at 10pm (music could be heard as well as fireworks), got up once during the night (drizzling again), finally waking at 6:30 (rain had stopped) and getting up at 7:15.

Not sure if I’ve already posted this but this is the view of their roof from my bedroom window.



Troyclough made his first move so we’re on again.

I received this message from USAA:


I left the apt at 9:30 and found lots of businesses in La Buena Mesa were either closed for the holiday or will be opening later. I could see Ganso y Castor was open but I had a latte in a busy Los PorteƱos. At 10:30 I noticed a couple sitting on the low wall waiting for a table so I decided to give up my table. On my trip to the restroom I noticed a number of available tables, although not yet cleared. I walked to Mercado Madrid where I bought a few vegetables before returning to the apt.

I left at 2pm and walked to the mall where I had another small popcorn and small Coke in Cine Colombia. The wifi didn’t seem as strong as the other day. I left about 5pm and walked back to the apt. Still leaking.

The concrete wall I mentioned yesterday is now up to the top of the doorway, 8-10’ tall. It also appears they finished the tile floor as the tiles stacked outside are gone and I saw an electric floor buffer machine at work near the entrance. I assumed that means the major construction inside if finished.

I started watching a limited TV series called The Looming Tower (8.0) on MTV.

Today I got in 6,060 steps. That’s what a round trip to the mall will get you.

 

Fun pix





No comments:

Post a Comment