Sunday, December 25, 2022

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Tonight is Christmas Eve!

Last night I went to bed at 10, fell asleep (despite the music), got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 5:45.

My left shoulder is sore this morning so I most likely have a pinched nerve from last night’s dumbbell exercise. If it’s like last time it’ll take 2-3 months of inactivity to heal.

Just one photo to share from last night’s excitement. I understand Jacob had a professional photographer so there will be more photos in a couple weeks.


Well, the main goal yesterday as I understood it was to go to Pricesmart. That didn’t happen so I understand it has been rescheduled to Monday.

MT isn’t going to the party tonight so Teresa is going to spend the day with her. I need to figure out what to do for lunch, especially since it will be during today’s Bears game.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple plastic bottles then looked for a Gente newspaper. No luck! I went up to Santa Leña where I had a latte and glass of ice water while reading my new chess book. I googled Only Roastbeef and came up with an address on Calle 9 (#39-17) in Poblado. I stopped at the Only Roastbeef on the 3rd floor and asked if they have domicilios (delivery). He said, “yes”, and I asked if it was by Rappi. Again he said, “yes”, so I showed him the restaurant doesn’t appear on my Rappi app. I finally understood it doesn’t show up until they open at noon.

I went downstairs and ran into Teresa and MT at the entrance. Teresa invited me to join them but I reminded her I’ve got a game at 1pm. I went into Exito to buy milk and saw the longest checkout line I’ve ever seen. Nope, ain’t going to happen.

I walked to Mercado Madrid where I bought 2 bags of milk after waiting in a line of only 2 people. I paid 7,100 pesos and walked up the hill to our apt.

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Buffalo Bills 35-13 in -12-degree weather. There!

I left the apt at 4:15 with the main intention of buying a cake to take to the get together tonight. I checked Pepo’s Ocake online and it closes today at 5pm. I also checked Los Porteños, Parva, and Eduardo Madrid and they were all open until 6 or 7. I walked to La Buena Mesa and from a distance I could see they were all closed with notes on the door. I’m guessing the notes say they will reopen on Monday.

I returned to the apt. Teresa returned by 5:30 and “reminded” me we’re staying overnight there. That’s news to me. I’m sure if she had told me that would be something I would remember. I put one of my MPs in my bag and packed a few necessary pills in a small pill container.

Teresa got a call at 6:45 asking us to meet in the porteria. A taxi pulled up with MT and Adriana in the back seat. Teresa joined them while I got in the front. The driver took us north on the highway past Medellin’s Christmas lights (Illumbrados sp?) then some side streets to Calle 50. Then I asked Teresa if he knows the address we’re going to. I found it on my cellphone and did a pretty good job of telling him when to stay right, when to go straight and when to turn.

We met Catalina at the elevator as she was taking the dog out for a walk. We took the elevator up to the 15th floor to Ricardo’s apt. They sat around and talked while I mainly played with my cellphone. Thank God I brought my battery case with me.

For supper Ricardo had some plastic takeout containers with rice in one quadrant, mashed potatoes in another and 2 pieces of pork taking up the bottom half. There was also a 2nd smaller plastic container with salad and dressing. Also, a small bag with napkin and plastic knife and fork. Not the easiest way to eat and I’ve had tastier. 😊 Later they brought out a cake with strawberries so that was an improvement. We opened presents and I received a nice white Polo shirt.

We finally left about 11:30 with Ricardo, his dog, Adriana, MT, and Teresa stuffed in the back, and me in the front with Catalina driving. She dropped Adriana off first, then MT and then us. I got to bed at 12:30 with fireworks going on outside.

Today I got in 6,235 steps.

 

Joke of the Day

What do you call a bunch of chess players bragging about their games in a hotel lobby? Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

1 comment:

  1. Terry . Merry Christmas to you and all that are important to you. I have missed your joke of the day, but I also enjoy the funny pictures. today's joke was so good and appropriate for the season and for you.
    Thanks, Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete