Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Monday, December 5, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up several times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

This is what the view from our window looks like now


Now they are dismantling the scaffolding.

Today is Daniela’s birthday and I understand we’re going to dinner in a restaurant tonight. Teresa wanted me to put on a nice pair of pants but I showed her that nothing fits any longer. I put on a nice pair of pants and managed to get the zipper up halfway but she jerry rigged a rubber band to close the top.

She’s going to the gym then going to buy her a birthday present in the mall. We might meet up later for lunch in El Pastelito.

I left the apt at 9:15. I was surprised to see Avenida Poblado blocked off by orange plastic barricades from Otra Parte to Smartfit. It looked like some work might be being done on the other side of the barricades by Smartfit. In Envios Market I paid 175mil ($36.50) to send the jacket to my daughter by FedEx, scheduled to arrive next Friday.

I met Marcos outside Maca a few minutes before 10am. He recommended we visit (or in the future stay) at Playa Rodedero in Santa Marta (but reviews mention visitors being constantly hastled by vendors). He also recommended a fish called brava at the fish store in Mayorista. Maybe I’ll surprise Teresa with a couple slices next time I go to Badia. I finished my coffee inside before returning to the apt.

I see on Charles Schwab they approved my Travel Notice for December 9th to 22nd.

Teresa contacted me at 1pm and asked me to meet her at La Casita Parilla for lunch. Traffic was horrible, probably from Ave Poblado being closed, and I arrived by Didi about 20 minutes later. Teresa was just finishing up her chicken breast. I only ate about half of my food because I wasn’t really hungry yet. (I should have gone to the mall and had something at Sport Wings and I could have watched a soccer match at the same time.)

Teresa left I finished my food (1/2) then walked down the hill to the mall. 

This is what the Ikea construction looks like now.



I checked umbrellas (Teresa lost hers) in Totto and told the chica I would return with my wife later. I had a latte in Todo Fresa for a while but couldn’t get a good wifi connection; I could see article headlines on my news feed but couldn’t read any of them. I went upstairs to Cine Colombia where they helped me get their app set up. I bought a child size popcorn and a small Coke and went into their Platinum area. Their internet connection was great; only problem is they aren’t open in the mornings.

Teresa texted me and asked me to pick up a large birthday bag for Daniela in Dollar City before I return to the apt. I left at 5pm, easily found the bag and was waiting in a long line when Teresa called and told me to get back to the apt right away. I left the bag and walked outside and there was a longer line for taxis so I walked back to the apt.

Teresa wanted me to wear the blue pants but they don’t have a zipper, they have the buttons that I hate. (I’m not in the navy.) I jerry rigged the rubber band to keep the top of my pants closed.

We were picked up at 6:30 and they took us to La Matriarcha in Poblado. They got a parking spot right across the street. We had one of several large tables with Feliz CumpleaƱos balloons on the table in the back. There was some dancing in the aisles. I almost got up to dance with Teresa but at the last second I realized I might lose my pants so I declined.

 

Today I got in a new record 7,688 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment