Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:40.

I walked to the mall and met Jose at 8:05 who had already been there for 10 minutes. I had the breakfast special for 16,500 pesos ($3.50).

I had the White pieces for the first game and on his 16th move he took a free pawn and threatened to capture my rook. On the next move I offered him my other rook, threatening checkmate. His king had to take it and then I checked him repeatedly until checkmating him on the 28th move. He said my 17th move was a move a chess master would make. 😊

I had the Black pieces in the second game and we played an 84-move draw.

We finished at 2:15 and I ordered a Ropa Viejo personal-size sandwich from Q’Bano which gave me enough time to make a trip to the restroom. It was strange sitting in a stall and hearing a female voice talking in the next stall. I looked down and saw a small pair of feet. I’m guessing a mother had to make an emergency trip to the men’s restroom because her child had some potty emergency.

I walked back to the apt.

I watched another couple episodes of Harry & Meghan on Netflix.

Teresa had another 1-hour massage.

Today I got in 3,969 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment