Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday, May 24th, 2013

I slept pretty well.  I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 4:20.  It was raining when I went to bed and it was raining when I woke up.  It probably rained all night.  Then I had trouble getting back to sleep finally getting up at 7am – at least the rain had stopped by then.

After exercising, shower, coffee and reading the newspaper I headed to Viva.  On the way out the man working downstairs on Lionel’s apartment told me he was going to fix some of the problems in my apartment later.  After buying a banana and milk at Exito I headed downstairs and bought a chocolate peanut donut for 2,700 ($1.50) at Dunkin Donut.  Is that how much it costs for a donut in the States?  It sounds a little high to me.  I probably won’t be buying many more because they aren’t the cake donuts I’m used to they are the yeast donuts I don’t care for as much.  On my way out of Viva I heard an exercise class going on down the other corridor.  So that’s at least Monday & Friday that I’ve heard them.

Exercise
Speaking of exercise, the local park is like a health club for some of the young men in the area.  They use the traditional metal playground as their workout equipment.  Things like pushups on the concrete park benches, pullups on the monkey bars, situps on the stairs for the slide, etc.

Cool! I just discovered something called a “snipping tool” on this computer.  It allows me to cut & paste things you normally wouldn’t be able to, for example part of a PDF file.

Today RS is working for me although I have yet to catch up to where I was on the old system.  But I think I’m getting close!

I did need another nap today – from about 10:30 – 11:30.  I wish I could get my sleep pattern in order so I could eliminate these!

Lunch today was pasta of the day, Spaghetti Carbonara, at Alfredo’s in Viva mall for 6900 ($3.83).  It was ok but certainly not my favorite as it had more of a Fettuccini Alfredo sauce rather than a tomato based one

Dan Brown’s latest book in the Robert Langdon series, Inferno, was released on May 14, 2013 and I just saw a large display of it in paperback while I was in Exito.  (If you want to “read” a condensed version just go to Google and type in Dan Brown Inferno and you will see it in Wikipedia.org.)

About 3:30 the man who had been working on Lionel’s door downstairs stopped by and fixed 3 things in my apartment: the slight drip from my hot water heater that was leaving a stain on the floor; the stain under the toilet paper holder in the guest bathroom; and the light switch in the master bedroom which has been missing a screw since day 1.

I finished recreating my CitiBank checkbook register this afternoon.  Yeah!

Electronic Purchases
Let’s say you purchase a new television at Exito.  After you pay for your purchase you take the receipt back to the electronics area and show it to them.  They then open the box to ensure everything is there.  Then they plug it in to ensure it works.  Then they complete the warranty card for you.  Kind of neat!

5pm and I hear thunder.  But no rain!

Dinner was basically a repeat of last night only instead of bacon burgers I had cheeseburgers. 

I wanted to watch either Dateline NBC or Shark Tank but I couldn’t get a connection on either.

No comments:

Post a Comment