Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013

Left for lunch today just before 1pm.  Stopped and picked up my laundry after. When I got back I was surprised to see Lionel's apartment door open. As I got closer I saw that the door had been forced open. I said "hello" but no one answered. When I got to my apartment I was surprised to find the door unlocked. When I stepped into the apartment right away i saw that my laptop computer was gone and the headphones tossed on the floor. They also left my Seiko watch but they had opened it and removed the battery. They didn't get any money because I don't leave my extra cash in an obvious place.

The irony is that the last thing I did before I left the apartment was send the owner an email about changing the locks.

I took my iPad with me to lunch or they would have gotten that too.

Everything was on my laptop: multiple Spanish lessons, Internet passwords, pictures, the main copy of this blog.

The whistle guy came by and I showed him the broken in door. I don't know why but he carried a plastic chair from Lionel's apartment up the stairs. I brought him in my apartment and told him my computer is gone. Then I had to literally take his hand and pull him into the bedroom to show him my opened Seiko watch.

I don't know what good he is except to warn the bad guys not to come around when they hear him blowing his whistle.

I do have a backup on my flash drive that's probably a month old but I think my Spanish lessons are gone!  Exito does have a couple of Dell computers with Windows 7 for about $600 bucks. That should tighten up my finances for a while!
I just checked; they got my 14K gold cross and chain that I was too worried to wear in public!

 Landlord came over with a locksmith who changed all the locks so I have new keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment