Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday, May 16th, 2013


I had a good night’s sleep last night.

On my way in to Exito to pick up my milk I noticed in their special sale display area they were selling paper towels.  They are the first I’ve seen here.  It’s a 2-pack for 6,550 ($3.64).

As I said yesterday money will be very tight between now and the 1st of next month.  With the probable exception of this Saturday’s trip to Monterey Mall to find a USB headset (and one other thing I will probably reveal on Saturday) I won’t be going anywhere or buying anything except food.  However, I do have to pay 15mil to pick up tomorrow’s laundry.   At least today and tomorrow besides cereal for breakfast I’m going to try to get by on only one late afternoon meal a day.  If I do that for a few days I’m hoping it will free up enough money so that for the remaining days I can have a decent lunch and dinner for 10-12 mil or so.

Still having trouble with my pronunciation in Rosetta Stone.  I sent an email to them asking for advice. 

When I bought the PC from Tommy it included a “dock” that it sits on that has a fan that keeps blowing up to keep the PC cool.  The dock plugs into a USB port on the side of the laptop.  The only problem is that it then raises the level of the PC up about 3” so I had to put a small pillow on the telephone book on top of the chair to raise me up to the proper level.

I spent the afternoon recreating a personal version of my blog.  I went into each posting and copied it into my Word file.  In rereading it I realized that the Global Forever Stamp that was on the greeting cards my friends sent me was the one I talked about earlier in my blog – so it cost $1.10.

1:30 and I saw a mailman (blue & gray uniform) downstairs.  He asked me if Dylan lived here and I told “not anymore”.  He thanked me and continued on.  I checked downstairs but he hadn’t left any mail for me.

2:30 and thunder starts.

3:00 and I’m changing to go out to eat and I hear it pouring outside.

Lunch was the Thursday special hamburger – Bacon BBQ – at Burger King in Viva Mall.  With a Pepsi (I skipped the fattening fries today) it came to 6,200 ($3.44).  The burger unfortunately is a small one, although I have to admit it was tasty.  I was just happy it was normal bacon and not that slab of meat I’ve had here before.  One interesting item - on the way in I finally realized that a little stand in the center of  the entrance held little baggies of a small or large size to fit a variety of umbrellas.  I took one of the smaller ones and it fit nicely over my collapsed umbrella.  Nice touch!  Keeps water from dripping all over their tile floors.

That bag of New York Style Pita Chips I bought last week will come in handy.  I’m glad I didn’t throw them away.  Even though they are still pretty tasteless at least I have something to help fill my stomach.

Recreating my blog also reminded me that I have gotten a couple of cheap lunches at the little restaurant along Avenida 80: 8700 pesos ($5) for steak and 7mil (about $3.75) for chicken.  Eating lunch there next week might be cheap enough to allow me to have my usual dinner at Laureles Mall.

6pm and it’s raining again.  I finished recreating my blog so I think I'll relax and just read for the remainder of the evening.



It got a little cool so I changed into my warm-up suit with the long pants and put socks on under my flip flops.  I also closed the louvers in the guest bedroom and those that lead into the “courtyard” since all I have to sleep under is a sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment