Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday, May 27th, 2013

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Went to bed about 10:15; got up 3 times to use the bathroom so I probably didn’t get the amount of REM sleep I need which is why my eyes feel so tired.

After the usual – exercise, shower, coffee, and newspaper – I bought a new box of Fitness cereal (this time with dried fruit) for 17,930 ($9.96) at Exito.  Seems like a lot for just a box of cereal but when you break it down to a daily cost it’s really pretty cheap.  I also looked a little further in the produce area in Exito and found real bananas so I think that confirms what I had before was plantain.  My one banana to add to the last of my regular Fitness cereal was 209 pesos (12 cents).  On the way out I did hear an exercise session going on down the other hallway.

Back at home I saw Martha (the landlady) meet some guy who pulled up on a motorcycle.  I think she showed him the apartments upstairs. 

After breakfast I took a nap but about 30 minutes into it I heard someone buzz the apartment.  At least I think it was mine you can’t be sure in this echo chamber.  Lol.  I thought maybe Martha wanted to show him my apartment.  By the time I got some clothes on and got to the balcony all I saw was the mailman walking down the street.  I checked the garage but there wasn’t anything there.

For lunch I had the Chicken Teriyaki and coconut lemonade 14,600 ($8.11) at Sarku’s again at Viva mall.  When I got back to the apartment I was surprised to see the full tree next to my balcony – belonging to the neighbor – had been cut back to the extent that at my level I can now see branches instead of only leaves.


 
4:30 and I see a very tiny lizard crawling toward me.  I haven’t seen one of those in weeks.  It’s only about 1 ½” long.  It took me just a few seconds to trap him under my hand and then I tossed him into the flower box outside the balcony.

I removed the sugar container from the kitchen table and that seems to have reduced the number of ants substantially.  (And they haven’t come back to the laundry room.)

Dinner was a pork shish kebab at SanJote Parilla in Laureles Mall 9mil ($5) and a strawberry milkshake 4mil ($2.22).  It was good but I liked the chicken version better; maybe next time I’ll try the beef.

Then I was back home at 7pm to watch The Bachelorette on ABC using USTVNOW.  Of course I’d rather it be The Bachelor because there would be lot more ladies to see.  Luckily I was able to get a broadband connection.

I checked the movie theatres here and Fast & Furious 6 and Hangover 3 appear to be the big movies this week.  After Earth starts this Friday and I hope to see it sometime next week if I can find a theatre showing it with subtitles which would mean it is in the original English with subtitles in Spanish.  (One of the things I did this past week is re-create a file containing the URLs for all the movie theaters in Medellin.)

 8pm and I hear thunder!  But no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment