Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday, May 18th, 2013


Slept well last night; only got up once.  

8:30 I was at the dry cleaners picking up my mesh dirty clothes bag.  Stopped at Exito and bought a bag of milk (sounds funny doesn’t it?).  Took it home and had a large bowl of cereal.

9:30 I took a taxi to the A Foreign Affair office in Poblado.  A Foreign Affair is an international dating agency.  Their office is less than a block away from The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop where I had breakfast last Monday. I checked their website this week and found they were offering 2 free introductions for exactly today. They were able to locate the other lady I met last summer when I was checking out Medellin.  Her name is Noris.  She was very surprised to hear from me.  I asked her if she could join me for lunch today at Monterey Mall – any time of her choosing.  We agreed to 1pm.  I asked her to meet me at Dogger, the hot dog place because it was the only restaurant I recognized in their food court I found on their website.

I went to Monterey Mall and the place is pretty big, 2 stories almost all technology hardware, mostly computers and peripherals.  After checking a couple of stores I found 1 with 3 different USB headphones & microphones:
1.     Genius HS-04SU
2.     Klip KHS-840
3.     Klip KHS-850
Funny thing is – they are all the same price – 55mil ($30.56).  When I got home later I Googled them and they all claim to have noise-cancelling microphones.  I hope in the next 2 weeks I can get a recommendation from Rosetta Stone as to which is the best.  I don’t know if I should be looking for the most sensitive microphone or the opposite. 

Noris showed up about 1:15 and we had lunch at one of the little restaurants serving typical Colombian food.  We both had a plate with salad, beans, a small arepa, rice, a big slab of tasty chicken and mango juice to wash it all down.  The total came to 28mil ($15.56) for both of us.  Noris is 50 years old and 5’8” tall.  She was a finance manager but now I understand she does arts & crafts in her apartment.  She has a poodle named Kathy.  She has 3 bedrooms and rents 2 of them out to students attending the local university.   Her apartment is in Belen which is a neighborhood nearby – just south of Laureles.  Her mother lives on the coast and her brother has a 22 year old son who is studying to be an engineer.  Her mother receives a pension and Noris also receives a pension from her father who passed away.  (I’m sure this story will get amended later.  Lol)  I was surprised she speaks some English.  That was a nice change although sometimes I didn’t know if she was speaking Spanish or English with a Spanish accent.  She invited me to a family get-together at her uncle’s that she was going to at 5pm but I told her that I would rather get to know her a little better before meeting any family.

There was a misunderstanding when I told her that I didn’t have any money.  I think maybe she got the idea I wanted to pay for sex or something but she called the AFA office and they explained my situation with the computer and all.

So we said goodbye about 4pm and I took a taxi and she took a bus.  I have her telephone number (won’t do me much good without a telephone) and email address so I’m sure we’ll be contacting each other soon.

Dinner for me was a bowl of Fitness cereal and a handful of those New York pita chips.  Tomorrow should be better food wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment