Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday, May 25th, 2013



9pm last night it rained for a little bit just so you don’t think we didn’t get any yesterday.  BTW, checking Weather.com it predicts a 60% chance of rain every day for the next 10 days.
I slept well from 11pm to 7am although I did get up 3 times for trips to the bathroom.  I hope I got enough sleep so I don’t need a nap today.

Around noon I headed to Laureles Mall and had Combo #2 at Frisby (fried chicken with cole slaw and Pepsi) for 17,100 ($9.50).  I even received a visit from Mr. Frisby himself:

Mr. Frisby looking over my shoulder.

 I wore jeans, tennies (sp?) and t-shirt and was okay until mid afternoon when I needed a cool down so I had a 2 dip cone with coconut and chocolate chip with peanuts sprinkled on top.

I left at 4pm as my iPad was getting low.  I’ll go back later for dinner with my Nook.

Here are some numbers about U.S. citizens living abroad from an article on Foxnews Latino. According to the article, "between 2.2 million to 6.8 million Americans live in another country." What a wide range:
The authors conceded that coming up with a number of Americans overseas "is a significant challenge."
"Unlike many countries, the United States does not require its citizens to register a place of residence, either in the United States or abroad," the report said. "Further, there is no longer a central database against which to calculate U.S. citizen departures. Nevertheless most estimates do show an upward trend over time."
Estimates of how many Americans become expatriates each year varies widely, with ranges from 18,000 to 45,000, the report said.

6pm I tried the Beans with ground beef which included a slice of avocado and a small arepa for 8,700 ($4.83) and a mango juice for another 2,700 ($1.50) at El Comedor de Chava in Laureles Mall.

Not a good place to use my Nook at night.  The lighting isn’t so good there.  I could read it but it was a strain.

7:44 I’m back home and I hear band music coming from the area of the church a couple blocks away.

Looking at my postings it’s interesting that some are read 4 times and some as many as 12 times.



7:55 and a few professional style fireworks go off from the area of the church.  By the time I get to the balcony and sit in my chair they’re over.  They only lasted something like 30 seconds.  But I see what looks like a full moon coming up in the east; anyway it’s big and beautiful.

I also see the neighborhood girl from across the street run across the street, carrying some blankets and a pillow, with another girl and they go into the house next door.  They’re about 8-10 years old.  Looks like a sleepover to me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment