Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013

Went to bed at 10:15 and got up at 6:15 though I was up 4 times during the night.


Coming out of Exito with my milk I went down the opposite hallway and at 8:35 I saw what looked like the beginning of an exercise class.  I counted 15 ladies there on their yoga mats.  So what I know so far is it’s on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 till at least 9:30.

I finally got an email from my friend Eddie who had lost his laptop on the bus.  What I learned is: he emailed me using his smart phone; he still hasn’t replaced his laptop; he hasn’t continued with his blog; he’s in Panama and plans on getting to Colombia on June 8th.  He’s going to Skype me tonight after 7:30.

I finally got past Course 1, Level 1, Unit 1 in Rosetta Stone!  Yeah!
I had lunch again at that local restaurant along Avenida 80: salad, bean soup, rice, a small arepa, a fried egg, chicken and a large glass of orange juice for 7mil ($3.89) – tip & tax included remember!  When I was paying for my meal I picked up one of their business cards so now I know the name of the restaurant and their exact address – Restaurante Likkes at Carrera 81 # 37D-19.   Soon I’ll go back and update the earlier mentions with this newly found information.

After lunch I headed to Laureles Mall and started studying my openings again.  I was joined at 2pm by the same man I was playing against yesterday.  I had him write his name down – it’s Dario Arcilaf.  He mentioned that every afternoon around the stadium there are people playing chess.  I’ll check it out next month when I can afford the taxi ride.  Today I won one game, lost one quickly, and tied one.

Dinner was chili again at El Comidor in Laureles Mall for 11,700 ($6.50) including the mango juice.

I have just enough money left to eat well for the next 2 days before the new money arrives.

No rain today!  So far.  






9:50 it started raining. 

1 comment:

  1. HI, I have been reading your blog. I´m a Spanish teacher in Europe. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete