Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday, May 30th, 2013



I went to bed at 10:30, got up 3 times during the night, woke up about 5am and got up at 6am.

Uh-Oh!  The ants got into my milk.  Sorry, but I’m hungry; I think I probably ate a lot of ants with my cereal.  Starting next month (when I can afford it) I’m going to have to stop keeping milk overnight.  I’m sure I can find someone to give my leftover milk to when I’m finished with it for the morning.

10am A small jeep pulls up with an EmpreStur logo on it, a guy gets out and opens all the “boxes” in the sidewalk and using a hand held device records the numbers from the meters in the sidewalk and the gas meters at the side of the driveway.  (I can see EPM on his shirt which, according to my bill, must be the name of the utility (gas, water, electric) company.)

We’re only supposed to have a high of 78 degrees today so I went out fully dressed: jeans, tennis shoes, socks, and a short sleeved shirt.

12:15 I was at Likkes on Avenida 80 again having another of their 7mil lunch specials.  Today it was beef rice soup with 2 small meatballs, a little dab of something similar to potato salad with chunks of fresh pineapple, rice, a small arepa, a fried egg, a big slice of chicken, and some juice similar to, but thicker than, watermelon juice.  (Only one other customer.)

1:00 I was at Laureles Mall and from 1:15-1:45 it poured with 1 huge crack of thunder.  Studied some chess openings and then I left about 3:30.

Of course, as I’m leaving for dinner about 5:45 it starts raining – at least lightly.

For dinner I first bought a bottle of Lipton peach tea for 3,500 ($1.94) from Sarku.  (I did the math and that’s 2.375mg of caffeine per oz.  A bottle is 500ml for a total of 40mg of caffeine.)  I had a 6” chicken sandwich for 7mil ($3.89) from Subway along with one of their macadamia cookies 1900 ($1.06).

Those inexpensive 7mil lunches at Likkes on Avenida 80 have really helped my budget.  I have enough money left so that even if I don’t get money in my account on the 1st I’ll still have enough left over to see me through the weekend.

I watched The Lucky Ones “Pennsylvania at War” on PBS from 7pm to 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment