Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Friday, October 17th, 2014



I got up 2 or 3 times during the night and had difficulty getting back to sleep after the last time.  I woke up about 6am when I first heard the dogs barking and saw a little light coming through the edge of the shutters.  I fell back asleep and we both didn’t wake/get up until 8:45am.

At 9:15 we received a call from Une.  Teresa told me they would be here soon but right now they are still in downtown Medellin so that puts them at least an hour away. 

We moved Teresa’s armoire to the side of the bedroom and removed a clothes rack to make room for the new closet.  We had a difference of opinion as to what it would look like.  I wanted shelves on each side with clothes rods between them and 2 sliding doors to enclose everything.  What I understand I’m going to get are 5 compartments alternating between shelves and clothes rods with a separate door enclosing each. 

I received a call at 12:15 but we didn’t get to the phone in time and I guess I don’t have any minutes left in order to call them back.  I don’t recognize the number but maybe it was Une.

At 1pm I had a nice lunch of soup, chicken, rice, Chinese salad and juice.

At 2pm it started raining again so we had to turn off the TV and disconnect it, the Direct TV box and the DVD player.  October is the rainiest month in Medellin, both with the most days of rain and the total amount of rain.

While I was doing a Rosetta Stone lesson on my computer, Luna was under the table resting her head in my lap.  I didn’t really care for it too much because she smells; all the dogs are badly in need of a bath.  Tony came over and attacked Luna.  Teresa said it’s because he was jealous.

Une never showed up; maybe tomorrow.

We made popcorn and watched more movies and the Helix TV series.

We went to bed at 10pm but for some reason it took me a long time to get to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment